New credit firm for Thomsons WoF
- A credit to the business. // Cabinet Maker;7/27/2001, Issue 5248, p17
Reveals that financial services firms are aiding smaller furniture retailers in Great Britain offering consumer credit. Growth of consumer credit in the furniture retail sector; Internet-based systems developed by Open+Direct; Consumer credit offered by Halifax Cetelem Credit.
- March reopening for store. // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2002, Issue 5270, p2
Reports on the possible delay in the reopening of Thomsons World of Furniture's store in Dundee, Scotland, after a fire damaged the property on December 21, 2001.
- French credit deal. // Cabinet Maker;2/17/2006, Issue 5476, p8
The article reports on the acquisition of Belfast, Northern Ireland-based Open + Direct Retail Services by French consumer credit Laser. The acquisition is part of Laser's strategy to introduce its Laser UK brand to the country. Open + Direct will offer credit and loyalty card schemes to its...
- Comfortable expansion. // Cabinet Maker;10/09/98, Issue 5109, p2
Reports that retailer Thomsons World of Furniture has completed its store expansion. Creation of jobs; Types of furniture added to the store's lineup.
- Thomsons to honour consumer orders. // Cabinet Maker;04/27/2001, Issue 5235, p3
Highlights the plan of Thomsons World of Furniture to honor the orders of consumers of the bankrupt Scottish chain, Furniture First.
- Thomsons to reopen. // Cabinet Maker;8/2/2002, Issue 5298, p5
Announces the decision of Thomsons World of Furniture to reopen its store located in Dundee, Scotland. Reason for the forced closure of the store; Size of the store.
- Integrated system moves into furniture. // Cabinet Maker;9/14/2001, Issue 5255, p5
Reports the plans of Open+Direct to introduces its integrated finance and point-of-sale systems to the retail furniture sector. Response of the electrical sector to the system; Impact of the technology for marketing; Benefits of the system to retailers.
- Relax set for legal action with O+D. // Cabinet Maker;2/16/2007, Issue 5525, p5
The article focuses on a dispute between Relax Retail, a furniture retailing company, and Open & Direct Ltd. (OD), regarding the termination of a financial agreement between the two companies. Relax Retail has claimed that OD owes more than Â£30,000 to it. As per an agreement, furniture was...
- Rocket helps launch Thomsons winter sale. // Cabinet Maker;01/16/98, Issue 5071, p5
Reports on Scottish retailer Thomsons World of Furniture's recruitment of heavyweight Gladiator Rocket to help it launch its winter sale. Rocket's tour at Dunfermline superstore.