- Young Kids and Old Elevators Don't Mix. Knill, Bernie // Material Handling Management;Jan2003, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p61
Comments on an elevator accident involving Joseph Tucker Smith, a boy who was crushed in an old elevator at Bethel Inn in Maine. Discussion of the changes in elevator legislation after the tragedy; Details of the incident; Issues related to the vertical reciprocating conveyors community.
- The death of Joseph Smith. Pierce, J. Kingston // American History;Dec2001, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p54
Recalls the tragic death of Joseph Smith, founder and spiritual leader of the Mormon Church, and his older brother, Hyrum, on June 27, 1844. What led to public rancor and violence against Joseph Smith; Brief biography of Joseph Smith; When Smith's religious mission began.
- People Moves of the Week. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/12/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p1
The article announces the appointments of William Callender as the managing director of Alix Partners LLP, Joseph Smith as director at Cassel Salpeter & Co., and Gary Pettit as global head of financial futures and options for ICAP Inc.
- PEOPLE IN PLACES. // Medical Device Daily;7/11/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 132, p10
The article announces career developments in the U.S. medical equipment industry including the appointment of Joseph Smith as vice president (VP) of micro-electronic technologies for Cordis, selection of W. Eugene Sanders Jr. as VP of medical affairs and chief medical officer of InnerPulse, and...
- Researcher Smith dies. // Advertising Age;10/4/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 42, p52
Reports on the death of Joseph G. Smith, chairman of Oxtoby-Smith and a member of the Market Research Council Hall of Fame. Cause of death; Profile.
- Outrage and Tears. Hewitt, Bill; Truesdell, Jeff; Rozsa, Lori; Herbst, Diane; Podesta, Jane Sims // People;2/23/2004, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p50
The murder of Carlie Brucia, whose abduction was caught on camera, shocks the nation--and leaves many wondering if the crime could have been prevented. The moment, caught on a car-wash security camera and repeated endlessly on TV news, was every parent's darkest fear brought to life. Walking...
- People in the News. // Medical Device Daily;4/6/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 65, p7
The article announces appointments in the medical device industry, including Terry Ladd as vice president (VP) of business development at Bio-Quant, Richard Martin as vice president of chemistry for NexMed (U.S.A.) and Joseph Smith as chief medical and science officer of the West Wireless Health...
- In Heaven as It Is on Earth: Joseph Smith and the Early Mormon Conquest of Death. BENNETT, RICHARD E. // American Historical Review;Feb2013, Vol. 118 Issue 1, p185
The article reviews the book "In Heaven as It Is on Earth: Joseph Smith and the Early Mormon Conquest of Death," by Samuel Morris Brown.
- Update on lasers in urology. Weems, W. Lamar // Urology Times;Mar96, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p10
Presents an interview of Joseph A. Smith, a physician specializing in urologic surgery. Includes queries on the application of lasers in urology; Query on the developments in urology since the advent of lasers; Query on the number of laser sources; Query on ureteral calculi; Query of laser...