- House of Fraser eyes up Allders. Santry // Cabinet Maker;09/24/99, Issue 5156, p1
Reports plans of the House of Fraser to acquire Allders company in Great Britain. Notion about the agreement signed by both companies; Purpose of the agreement; Factors attributing to the acquisition of Allders; Announcement of drop profits by Allders.
- Allders and HoF gain as merger talks terminate. Friars // Cabinet Maker;11/5/99, Issue 5162, p6
Reports the financial gains of Allders and House of Fraser in Great Britain. Benefits of the merger; Reasons for the failure of the talk; Views of the shareholders on the merger; Financial performance of shareholders.
- Hunter gives up on House of Fraser. // In-Store Marketing;Feb2003, p17
Reports on the decision of Scottish entrepreneur Tom Hunter to shelve his plan to acquire House of Fraser.
- Untitled. // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2005, Issue 5444, p4
Reports that House of Fraser is in advanced talks to buying fellow department store chain Beatties in Great Britain. Number of stores of the West Midlands-based chain; Decline in profits in 2004.
- Lonrho's pyrrhic go-ahead. // Accountancy;Apr1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1100, p26
Reveals that the Great Britain Monopolies and Mergers Commission has decided that a takeover of the House of Fraser by Lonrho would not be expected to operate against the public interest.
- You win some, you lose some. North, John; Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Dec1994, Vol. 114 Issue 1216, p106
The article discusses the case involving the acquisition of the House of Fraser PLC by the Al-Fayed brothers in Great Britain. The acquisition has been opposed by Lonrho PLC. The Secretary of State has appointed inspectors under the Companies Act 1985 to investigate the circumstances surrounding...
- When the inspectors called. Niekirk, Paul; Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Aug1989, Vol. 104 Issue 1152, p44
Presents a law case review involving the successful takeover bid of the House of Fraser by the Al-Fayed brothers which was not referred to the Monopolies and Mergers Commission in Great Britain. Case background; Discretionary power of the Secretary of State to refer merger bids to the...
- Â£251M HOUSE OF FRASER DEAL. Mills, Lauren // CardLine;2006, Vol. 6 Issue 30, p6
ICELANDIC retail group Baugur is on track to table a formal Â£351 million offer for House of Fraser by mid-August.
- Sanpower Said Plotting Global House Of Fraser. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/ 7/2014, Vol. 207 Issue 69, p1
The article discusses a deal as of April 2014 in which the Chinese conglomerate Sanpower Group will acquire the department store group House of Fraser. Topics include Sanpower's global expansion plans for House of Fraser which will begin in China, House of Fraser's delisting from the London...