- House of Fraser eyes up Allders. Santry // Cabinet Maker;09/24/99, Issue 5156, p1
Reports plans of the House of Fraser to acquire Allders company in Great Britain. Notion about the agreement signed by both companies; Purpose of the agreement; Factors attributing to the acquisition of Allders; Announcement of drop profits by Allders.
- Allders and HoF gain as merger talks terminate. Friars // Cabinet Maker;11/5/99, Issue 5162, p6
Reports the financial gains of Allders and House of Fraser in Great Britain. Benefits of the merger; Reasons for the failure of the talk; Views of the shareholders on the merger; Financial performance of shareholders.
- Hunter gives up on House of Fraser. // In-Store Marketing;Feb2003, p17
Reports on the decision of Scottish entrepreneur Tom Hunter to shelve his plan to acquire House of Fraser.
- Untitled. // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2005, Issue 5444, p4
Reports that House of Fraser is in advanced talks to buying fellow department store chain Beatties in Great Britain. Number of stores of the West Midlands-based chain; Decline in profits in 2004.
- House of Fraser gets identity make-over. Godsell, Melanie // Marketing (00253650);2/14/2007, p15
The article informs that House of Fraser PLC has discharged its iconic leaping stag emblem and unveiled fresh branding following its Â£351 million acquisition by Icelandic investment group Baugur Group. The task of redesigning has been given to design agency the Partners, which created the...
- Lonrho's pyrrhic go-ahead. // Accountancy;Apr1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1100, p26
Reveals that the Great Britain Monopolies and Mergers Commission has decided that a takeover of the House of Fraser by Lonrho would not be expected to operate against the public interest.
- You win some, you lose some. North, John; Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Dec1994, Vol. 114 Issue 1216, p106
The article discusses the case involving the acquisition of the House of Fraser PLC by the Al-Fayed brothers in Great Britain. The acquisition has been opposed by Lonrho PLC. The Secretary of State has appointed inspectors under the Companies Act 1985 to investigate the circumstances surrounding...
- When the inspectors called. Niekirk, Paul; Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Aug1989, Vol. 104 Issue 1152, p44
Presents a law case review involving the successful takeover bid of the House of Fraser by the Al-Fayed brothers which was not referred to the Monopolies and Mergers Commission in Great Britain. Case background; Discretionary power of the Secretary of State to refer merger bids to the...
- Â£251M HOUSE OF FRASER DEAL. Mills, Lauren // CardLine;2006, Vol. 6 Issue 30, p6
ICELANDIC retail group Baugur is on track to table a formal Â£351 million offer for House of Fraser by mid-August.