- Steelcase Anticipates 'Bounce' Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/1/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the restructuring of Steelcase Inc. Job cuts; Reorganization of the company.
- Nastech in contract tussle with German distributor. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/5/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 28, p11A
Reports developments related to technology companies in Long Island, New York. Business transfer of the Nastech Pharmaceutical Inc. from Hauppauge to Bothell; Corporate reorganization of the Long Island Software and Technology Network; Award received by inventory control clerk Betty Jane...
- Steelcase Anticipates 'Tail End' Of Restructuring. Schoonmaker, Daniel // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/3/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p3
Reports on the financial performance of Steelcase Inc. Revenue of the company during the first quarter of fiscal 2007; Net income of the company; Remarks from president and CEO Jim Hackett on the fiscal performance of the company; Information on the restructructuring effort of the company.
- Analysts Encourage Steelcase's Restructuring Plan. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/1/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p9
Reports on the support given by analysts to the restructuring of the operations of Steelcase Inc. in North America. Cost cutting efforts of the company; Number of workers laid off by Steelcase; Sales posted by the company for fiscal 2003.
- West Michigan's Glass Still Half-Full. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/4/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p4
Reports on the restructuring efforts of furniture company Steelcase based in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Actions being done by the company to remain a world leader in the office furniture industry; Bonuses to be given by the company to its employees; Details of the company's research and development...
- Steelcase Focus: Profit And Growth. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/2/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the restructuring of furniture manufacturer Steelcase Inc. in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Purpose of the restructuring; Factor that triggered the restructuring of the business model of Steelcase; Impact of the business model change on the company.
- Huntington consolidation brings new jobs to Parma. Cornell, Ryan // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/18/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p2
Huntington Bank is creating 34 jobs at its consumer loan collection center in Parma, Ohio as part of a companywide initiative to streamline its collection operations. But Northeast Ohio's gain is western Michigan's loss. Huntington has closed its 36-person loan collection center in Holland,...
- Sony Cuts May Mean Gains in San Diego. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p9
Reports on the global restructuring plan of Sony Corp. Retrenchment of employees; Relocation of the corporate headquarters; Expansion of the business opportunities.
- Biotage transfers production, cuts some 50 employee posts. // Medical Device Daily;1/23/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p6
The article reports on the decision of Biotage to transfer instrument production from its Charlottesville, Virginia factory to a contract manufacturer. The decision will allow the company to increase the efficiency of its business activities. The company's factory will be closing and its U.S....