Senator: Don't Flush This Request
- Kohl legislation aims to consolidate appeals to federal rulings. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;09/22/97, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p5
Reports on the introduction of a legislation to consolidate all appeals of state and federal regulatory rulings in the District of Columbia federal circuit court, by Senator Herb Kohl. Reference to the enactment of the 1996 Telecom Act; Reference to a statement made to the Senate judiciary...
- NCBA honors Sen. Kohl. // Rural Cooperatives;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p28
Reports the recognition given to United States Senator Herb Kohl by the National Cooperative Business Association (NCBA) for his commitment to the cooperative industry in Wisconsin. Citation on the rural cooperative development grant programs supported by Kohl; Benefits on the program on the...
- Simplifying Drug Disposal. Mitka, Mike // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;8/11/2010, Vol. 304 Issue 6, p628
The article focuses on a call from Democratic Senator Herb Kohl of Wisconsin on the establishment of a single federal guideline for drug disposal to allow an easy removal of potentially dangerous medication by people from their homes to prevent drug abuse.
- Frank talk on group purchasing. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Dec2002, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p42
Interviews U.S. Senator Herb Kohl (D-Wis.). Importance of the group purchasing organization (GPO) to the U.S. citizens and medical care; Opinion on the group purchasing system; Strengths and weakness of the group purchasing system; Expectations for the GPO system for 2003.
- Regulatory bodies asking for more disclosure, education surrounding stable value. // Pensions & Investments;4/4/2011 Supplement, p14
The article reports on a broad investigation launched by U.S. legislator Herb Kohl into stable value, with the goal of assuring plan participants fully understand the functioning of stable value funds. The investigation was aimed to protect the interests of the nation's seniors and elderly,...
- Sen. Kohl enthused by his Bucks' playoff success. O'Brien, Michael // Hill;4/29/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p24
A blog regarding the National Basketball Association's (NBA) playoff success of U.S. Senator Herb Kohl's Milwaukee Bucks.
- Around the rim. MacMullan, Jackie // Sports Illustrated;1/22/96, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p61
Looks at the rumor that Milwaukee Bucks owner and United States Senator Herb Kohl will ask head coach and general manager Mike Dunleavy to relinquish one of his two titles. Comments from Dunleavy; The inane fact that the Portland Trail Blazers have three players with the last name of Robinson.
- The buck stops where? MacMullan, Jackie // Sports Illustrated;5/13/96, Vol. 84 Issue 19, p83
Suggests that Milwaukee Bucks owner Herb Kohl is trying to provoke Mike Dunleavy into quitting his job as general manager. Dunleavy relieved of his coaching duties, but retained as a powerless general manager because Kohl did not want to eat the remainder of Dunleavy's four year contract; Kohl...
- Herb Kohl's politics were Wisconsin, above all. Kampeas, Ron // Washington Jewish Week;5/19/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p21
The article focuses on U.S. Democratic senator Herb Kohl, the first Jewish state senator of Wisconsin. After being elected to the Senate four times, Kohhl announced that he will not be running for re-election in 2012 due to old age. Among his achievements as a senator include the authoring of...