Alamosa's New Acquisition Trail
- Alamosa PCS to acquire 2 Sprint affiliates. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p14
Informs that United States-based Alamosa PCS Holding Inc. signed a definitive agreement to merge Sprint PCS affiliates Roberts Wireless Communications LLC and Washington Oregon Wireless LLC into its operations.
- Alamosa Holding completes mergers. // RCR Wireless News;2/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p54
Reports on the merger of Alamosa Holdings Inc. with Roberts Wireless Communications LLC and Washington Oregon Wireless LLC, increasing Alamosa's licensed subscription population.
- Alamosa CFO applauds affiliate mergers--if prices drop. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;8/30/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p14
Reports on the plan of Alamosa Holdings Inc. to acquire one of its affiliates from Sprint PCS network partners. Remarks from Alamosa CEO Kendall Cowan on their intention to acquire firms; Information on the acquisitions of Alamosa including Roberts Wireless Communications LLC; Influence of...
- Alamosa acquisitions help create contiguous footprint. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p65
Reports on the role of the acquisitions of Alamosa PCS Holdings Inc. in creating a contiguous footprint by connecting markets around the United States. Merger with Southwest PCS; Consolidation with Roberts Wireless Communications LLC and Washington Oregon Wireless LLC; Terms of the deal with...
- Alamosa Acquires Southwest. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p39
Deals with the merger between telecommunication carriers Alamosa PCS and Southwest PCS. Information on the stock offering of Alamosa; Overview of the deal; Background on the capacities of the merging companies.
- Alamosa completes AirGate PCS buy. // RCR Wireless News;2/21/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the completion of the acquisition of AirGate PCS Inc. by Alamosa Holdings Inc. as of February 2005. Advantages of the acquisition; Former affiliates acquired by Alamosa in 2001; Option given to AirGate shareholders as part of the transaction.
- Alamosa Holdings buys fellow Sprint PCS affiliate AirGate PCS. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;12/13/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p8
Reports on the acquisition of AirGate PCS Inc. by Alamosa Holdings Inc. in December 2004. Value of Alamosa stock that will be received by AirGate shareholders; Views of David Sharbutt, chairman and CEO of Alamosa, on the acquisition; Challenges posed by spectrum deficiency to the companies.
- Alamosa takes AirGate bid to public. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;11/29/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the decision of Sprint affiliate Alamosa Holdings Inc. to bring its bid to merge with fellow affiliate AirGate PCS Inc. to public in order to obtain the approval of Airgate's investors. Views of Thomas Dougherty, president and CEO of Airgate, on the proposal; Benefits of the merger...
- CONSOLIDATION COMES TO TIER 2 AREANA WITH ALLTEL, SPRINT DEALS. // Telephony;11/28/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 23, p12
The article highlights the consolidation of the wireless service providers beyond national level. Alltel Corp. continues to pluck up its smaller neighbors and Sprint Corp. absorbs its affiliates. Acquisition of Midwest Wireless Communications LLC, the second major acquisition of the year by...