Wireless 'Net To The Mth Degree
- Study: Masses Not Into Multifunction. // Wireless Week;1/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on a study conducted by Zanthus, a market research-based consulting company, on the attitude of Web users toward multifunction wireless devices. Findings of the study; Conclusion.
- location-based services: finding their Place in the market. Diercks, Becky // Wireless Week;3/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p56
Presents the results of a survey of mobile phone and wireless Internet users regarding their views on location-based services. Information on the awareness of the respondents on location-based services; Willingness of the respondents to pay for location-based services; Details on the privacy...
- e-mail: still the killer messaging app. Diercks, Rebecca // Wireless Week;7/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 26, p24
Highlights results of a survey conducted among a panel of wireless Internet users in the U.S. on their interest and opinions toward wireless messaging. Proliferation of wireless E-mail usage among the survey respondents; Popularity of the BlackBerry service of Research In Motion Ltd.;...
- Study says people will buy via wireless Web. // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p18
Reports that Telephia Inc.'s study shows that almost one-quarter of wireless Internet users in the United States purchased some type of product with their wireless device.
- Wireless Web Will Fly, Experts Say. // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;7/16/2001, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the results of a study conducted by Accenture of Hamilton, Bermuda about Internet use by owners of wireless communication devices in the United States.
- Mining town strikes gold with wireless solution. Valentine, Pamela // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;May2008, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p33
The article presents information on the deploying of wireless data network in Elko, Nevada. It mentions that the installation of wireless network for its information and network services proved to be cost effective for connecting its geographically dispersed city buildings. It states that the...
- 91 Launcher User Base Exceeds 100 Million. // China Telecom;Nov2013, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p11
The article reports that the 91 Wireless subsidiary of Baidu, the Chinese internet company, announces that the user of its management application 91 Launcher and Android handset launcher have surpassed 100 million.
- WAP may get lukewarm welcome in Western Europe. Uimonen, Terho // InfoWorld;09/13/99, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p60H
Reports on the attitude of users in Europe towards wireless application protocol (WAP), an emerging technology standard that has the potential to bring the Internet to mobile computers. Issues that will delay the wide acceptance of WAP in Europe; Proponents of WAP.
- Ads in Real Time. Breitstein, Joanna // Pharmaceutical Executive;May2002, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p124
Reports on a forecast on the increase in the number of Internet users accessing the Web through wireless devices by 2007. Comparison of online usage through wireless devices between the U.S. and Asia-Pacific countries; Application of the same direct-response platform SkyGo and Versign used to...