Giving The Little Guys A Chance
- British 3G Auction Battle: Food Fight!! Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p18
Focuses on the licenses for third-generation computer systems and services that are for auction in Great Britain. Companies expected to bid for the licenses; Players that are top bidders of the licenses.
- Scaling a sheer cliff. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p12
Focuses on the auction of 70 to 80 telecommunication licenses in Europe. Wireless connectivity to the Internet; Offering of Wireless Access Protocol phones.
- FCC loosens, delays re-auction. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission to allow large wireless telecommunication carriers to participate in the re-auctioning of licenses reclaimed from bankrupt NextWave Telecom Inc.
- Italy changes bid dates for mobile phone license to mid 1999. Bruno, Antony // RCR;11/02/98, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p29
Focuses on the Italian government's change of the bid dates for mobile telephone licensing to middle of 1999. Designation of Michele Lauria to oversee the tender; Competition with incumbents Wind, Omnitel and Telecom Italia Mobile; Resignation of Telecom Italia Chairman Gian Mario Rossignolo...
- Little guys wire bids for fed auction. Messina, Judith // Crain's New York Business;4/3/95, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the plan of New York state businesses to bid in the government's auction of licenses for personal communications services (PCS), a new form of wireless service. Types of businesses eligible for the auction; Terms of the licensing deal; Federal Communications Commission's...
- Germany's Summer Jamboree. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p34
Reports on the auction of third-generation wireless communication licenses by the German government in 2000. Licenses to be auctioned; Companies participating in the bidding; Statistical information on wireless subscribers and market penetration in Germany from 1992 to 1999.
- UMTS road show reaches eastern Europe. Hoelscher, Gregory // Telecommunications - International Edition;Oct2000, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p19
Discusses third-generation wireless network developments underway in Eastern Europe as of October 2000. Poland's plan to issue UMTS licenses in 2000; Plans of the Czech Republic and Hungarian governments for distributing UMTS licenses in 2001; Sale of broadband wireless access licenses in the...
- How Europe's 3G market may pan out. Quigley, Paul // RCR Wireless News;11/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p36
Comments on the saturation of the third-gernation wireless communication market in Europe. Condition of the European telecommunication industry; France's approach to the disposal of 3G licenses; Prices of the French 3G licenses.
- Taiwan 3G auction nets $1.4B. // RCR Wireless News;2/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p25
Reports on the third-generation (3G) wireless spectrum auctioned by the Taiwanese government. Total bids for the 3G auction; Telecommunication companies that won licenses; Range of the minimum bids.