New Economy Firms Snag Venture Cash
- After the frenzy: time now a friend to venture capitalists. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;6/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p30
Focuses on venture capital activities in the United States as of June 18, 2001. Completion of the venture capital investment of Spectrum Equity Investors; Investment focus of VantagePoint Venture Partners; Companies being targeted by Bay Partners.
- Sana Security. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals;Sep2007, p33
The article presents a case study of California-based Sana Security in their effort to raise money in year 2000. Timothy Eades, senior vice president of sales and marketing says that raising money was not easy. It has to go after the right people and present proposals correctly. Sana Security's...
- Will Government Contracts Hurt Small Business? // SCOR Report;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the efforts of entrepreneurs to get into the venture capital market in the U.S. as of November 1, 2002.
- Setting the standard. // Accountancy;Dec1997, Vol. 120 Issue 1252, p25
Reports on venture capital fund raising plans of Advent VCT.
- Insights from the venture capital model of project governance. Sahlman, William A. // Business Economics;Jul94, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p35
Describes three aspects of the arrangement between venture capitalists and entrepreneurs and how they work together for the success of the venture. Definition of venture capital; Commitment of capital; Use of high required rates of return; Risk/reward sharing; Alignment of interests of the...
- Drastic drop. // Business News New Jersey;11/27/96, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p2
Reveals the results of Coopers & Lybrand's report on venture capital investment indicating that the third quarter of fiscal 1996 saw a scaling back of venture investment in New Jersey. New Jersey companies receiving third-quarter venture capital.
- Investing Where Needed. // Business NH Magazine;Aug2003, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p13
Focuses on CEI Community Ventures, a venture capital program designed to drive funds into communities that have been traditionally under-served or distressed in Maine.
- Venture Funding Continues its Downward Trend, But Optimism Remains. McCombs, Doug // Orange County Business Journal;6/16/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p19
Reports on trends in venture funding in Orange County, California for the first quarter of 2003. Factors contributing to the downward trend in venture funding; Findings of the Ernst & Young/VentureOne Venture Capital Survey; Performance of the information technology segment.
- Outsiders surpass local funds in backing new-media firms. Messina, Judith // Crain's Small Business -- New York / Westchester;Sep96, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p21
Observes that venture capital firms in New York tend to ignore local technology companies. Influx of funds from West Coast and Boston, Massachusetts firm; Problems of New York venture capital firms on some technology deals.