State Of The Union
- Employees may strike on Verizon Wireless union issue. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p5
Reports on the issue of whether Verizon Wireless employees can join a union, which was seen as a key topic that may have led to a strike by Verizon Communications employees in the United States as of midnight August 6, 2000.
- Strikers settle. Myers, Alphonso // Telephony;08/28/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the settlement reached by the management of Verizon Communications and its striking workers. Terms of the agreement; Stance of the Communications Workers of America; Importance of the wireless provision of the deal. INSET: Briefly..
- How you can support striking Verizon workers. // NYSUT United;Sep2011, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p16
The article reports that the staff, members, and leaders of the New York State United Teachers (NYSUT) are supporting the 45,000 employees of Verizon Communications Inc. who are on strike over the attempt of the company to obtain one billion dollars in concessions.
- An abundant worldview leads to shared prosperity. Trumka, Richard // National Catholic Reporter;7/29/2016, Vol. 52 Issue 21, p3
The article discusses the issues in the U.S. along with the Bible that offers a vision of abundance and love. Topics discussed include value of free early childhood education demonstrated by Ninth Federal Reserve Bank, scarcity in the form of a bad contract that led telecommunication firm...
- Labor unrest mounting in tough talks. Massey, Daniel // Crain's New York Business;7/14/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p1
The article focuses on the rise of tension between labor and employers and the possibilities of strikes in New York City. It is stated that with a 4% increase in the inflation workers are fighting hard for larger raises. It mentions that employers are fighting back by reasoning on sour economy,...
- Economy Puts On The Brakes. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p3
Deals with the impact of the United States' economic decline on its telecommunication industry. Assessment of the status of the industry; Negative forecast of Nextel Communications Inc. for 2001; Lay offs at Verizon Communications company; Market predictions of analysts.
- Customer Service. Seidenberg, Ivan // Vital Speeches of the Day;4/1/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p373
This article presents a speech given by Ivan Seidenberg, Chairman and CEO of Verizon, delivered to Telecom NEXT, at the United States Telecom Association Conference, in Las Vegas, Nevada, on March 20, 2006. Seidenberg discusses the role of the telecommunications industry in delivering broadband...
- Verizon at Odds With Union. Brown, Stacy M. // Washington Informer;11/5/2015, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p5
The article reports on the 2015 conflict between Communication Workers of America, a labor union that represents workers of telecommunications company Verizon, and the company over safety issues. Topics include the union's call for the company to open an investigation into unsafe conditions at...
- Top stories of Puerto Rico. // Caribbean Business;6/18/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p68
Presents information on news from Puerto Rico relating to the legislature in the Senate. Details on an indefinite strike by employees of the Puerto Rico Telephone Company if the Senate approves the sale of the company; Information on approval given to the proposed budget of Sila Calderon, Mayor...