Commission Clarifies ETC Rule
- FCC cancels Western Wireless historic preservation fine. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;12/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p13
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to rescind a proposed fine against Western Wireless for operating a transmitter on a historic site in North Dakota. Reason behind the decision of the FCC to cancel the notice of apparent liability; Statement issued by...
- Western Wireless fights LECs for Kansas service subsidies. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p25
Reports that according to the wireless industry in Kansas, the Kansas Universal Service Fund (UKUSF) should be pre-empted, stating that Western Wireless Corp. has urged the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to overturn the rules implementing the KUSF. Information on comments...
- FCC approves Western Wireless alien-ownership waiver. Wayne, Debra // RCR;01/12/98, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) approval given to Western Wireless Corporation to boost its foreign ownership to a possible 39.9 percent. Ruling of the FCC's International Bureau; Issues prompting the granting of approval; Significance of the move.
- FCC Focuses On World Markets. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;03/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p61
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is focused on the barriers facing companies in the country trying to enter foreign telecommunication markets. Information on a public international forum held by the FCC: Key to success in foreign markets.
- PCS rules may hamper minorities, women. C.S.S. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/12/94, Vol. 124 Issue 50, p82
Reports that Federal Communications Commission rules designed to promote investments in minorities, women and small businesses that want to break into personal communications services (PCS) actually make attracting capital difficult. Limitations of the rules for investors; Requirements for...
- FCC drops PCS minority preferences. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;6/26/95, Vol. 125 Issue 26, p11
Reports on developments concerning minority policies of the US Federal Communications Commission. Removal of personal communication services (pcs) auction minority preferences; Equal opportunities for small-business groups; Deadline for applications in the auction; Effect of Supreme Court...
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;12/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p1
Focuses on a warning issued by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to wireless communication industry about the implementation of public-safety answering point, in relation to the deployment of the enhanced 911 emergency call services. Excerpt from the FCC statement; Complaints of...
- Just the facts, please. Schmelling, Sarah // Telephony;09/14/98, Vol. 235 Issue 11, p102
Focuses on the US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) ruling on the unbundling of telecommunication services. Impact of the new FCC ruling on competitive local exchange carriers that are deploying digital subscriber line service; Overview on the conditions imposed under FCC's notice of...
- Puzzling moves on universal service. Engebretson, Joan // Telephony;10/25/99, Vol. 237 Issue 17, p10
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has issued orders on universal service in October 1999. Effects on non-rural carriers in various states; Formula used in the calculation of the service's costs. INSET: Crosstalk.