Paxson Denies Request For $12 Billion
- Paxson gathering programmers. Mermigas, Diana // Electronic Media;09/08/97, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p37
Reports that Paxson Communications Corporation is intensifying negotiations with television companies about assembling a patchwork program plan for its 60 UHF TV station. Comments from Chairman Bud Paxson; Information on a hybrid network that is similar to cable networks.
- Paxson buying into network `Promised Land.' Schneider, Michael; Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p3
States that Paxson Communications plans to pay $1 million per episode for the television programs `Touched by an Angel,' `Promised Land,' and `Dave's World.' Reference to company's continued pursuit of exclusive off network rights for family friendly series; Rumors surrounding the purchase of a...
- Paxson hits top 10 list. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;5/06/96, Vol. 126 Issue 20, p23
Reports that Paxson Communications Corporation secures a placement on the list of the ten top station owners due to its purchase of ten more radio stations. Insight on compilation of list; Information on stations bought by Paxson; Details on Paxson's expansion of its Infomall Television Network...
- Paxson acquires Chicago station. // Electronic Media;02/02/98, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p32
Reports on Paxson Communications' acquisition of WCFC-TV in Chicago, Illinois. Financial information on the transaction; How the transaction will benefit Paxson.
- Paxson: Beyond infomercials. Freeman, Michael // MediaWeek;3/3/97, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p8
Reports on the plan of Paxson Communications to expand beyond infomercial programming at minimal cost. Re-branding of Infomall as inTV; Efforts by Paxson to create a news, sports, entertainment, and infomercial network.
- Paxson goes for 7th. McClellan, Steve; Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;10/27/97, Vol. 127 Issue 44, p4
Details the plan of Paxson Communications Corp. to launch the broadcasting network PaxNet, a family values program service. Expected debut of the network; Effort of company chief executive officer Bud Paxon to seek programming for PaxNet; Bid submitted by Paxon for the hit CBS Inc. television...
- Pax Net faces its doubters. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;08/03/98, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p16
Presents information on Paxson Communications Corporation television network in the United States. Operations of the network, as compared to other networks; Reference to the launch of Pax Net on August 31, 1998 by the company; Citing credit reports from the company; Information on the...
- Local Dominance Could Drive Deals. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;3/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on the status of media cross ownership rules in the U.S. Interest of several buyers on the acquisition of Paxson Communications Corp.; Decision of federal courts for the deletion of rule on prevention common ownership of cable system by U.S. Federal Communications Commission;...
- Paxson hunts for partners. Freeman, Michael // MediaWeek;03/24/97, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p10
Reports on Paxson Communications Corp.'s search for broadcasting partners. Negotiations with VHF station owners; Remarks from chairman Lowell Paxson; Negotiations with program suppliers.