Lucent's Big Transformation
- Lucent traces its origins back to 19th century. Lenckus, Dave // Business Insurance;05/01/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p82
Features the Lucent Technologies Inc., a company that designs, develops, manufactures and markets communications systems and technologies. Company history; Acquisition activities; Financial performance for the year ended September 30, 1999; Technologies invented by Lucent's unit, Bell...
- Lucent Technologies, Omaha. // Buildings;Jan1997, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p73
Discusses the decision which is being pondered by facilities professionals at Lucent Technologies, Omaha, on whether to convert a 30-year-old steam-driven chiller to a non-chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) chiller. Why the decision was made to convert the chiller rather than replace it.
- Palladium-nickel plating is tough and cheap. Granville, Fran; Travis, Bill // EDN;8/01/96, Vol. 41 Issue 16, p23
Focuses on the palladium-nickel plating process developed by Lucent Technologies Inc. that offers better resistance to wear and corrosion than does gold plating. Comparison of the process' contact costs with that of gold-plated contacts; Significance over other plating process.
- Chip bridges USB to parallel port. Quinnell, Richard A. // EDN;02/03/97, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p24
Present information on the USS-720 device by Lucent Technologies company, which provides designers with a shortcut in designing Universal Serial Bus (USB) peripherals. How to use the USS-720; When the system will be available.
- Shrinking silicon, more accurate software boost performance. Dipert, Brian; Granville, Fran // EDN;03/13/98, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on Lucent Technologies company in Allentown, Pennsylvania, with emphasis on its `OR2T15A,' a member of the backward-compatible 0.25-...m-based ORCA 2T family. Features of the device; Function of the device; Performance of the device.
- Lucent venture embraces voice. Bucholtz, Chris // Telephony;9/23/96, Vol. 231 Issue 13, p7
Reports that Lucent Technologies has announced a new business group focused on providing high-quality sound technology to software vendors. Availability of the Media Plus brand name line by the end of 1996; Lucent's arrangement with Netscape Communications to package the Elemedia software...
- Consistency is key. Davis, Stephania H. // Telephony;3/17/97, Vol. 232 Issue 11, p58
Presents Lucent Technologies' offering of its Galaxy family of power systems which targets wireline and wireless markets. Product lines include 48 and 24 VDC models; Specifications of 48 and 24 VDC models; Advantages to the carriers; Consistency as the primal feature of Galaxy systems. INSET:...
- A single source. Vittore, Vince; Meyers, Jason // Telephony;10/27/97, Vol. 233 Issue 17, p6
Details the executive changes at Lucent Technologies Inc. Promotion of Ben Verwaayen and Dan Stanzione to executive vice president and chief operating officer; Carly Fiorina as group president of the Global Service Provider Business; Creation of an office of the chief executive officer.
- A new workhorse. Carter, Wayne // Telephony;12/08/97, Vol. 233 Issue 23, pPTN6
Features the digital signal processor DSP16000 manufactured by Lucent Technologies. Design specification; Capabilities and limitations; Potential applications for the chip.