A Layered Approach to Office Building and Property Management
- Office Building Security Is Getting Quite Smart. Drucker, Vanessa // National Real Estate Investor;Mar2006, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p54
The article reports on the improvement in office building security in the U.S. Building owners and landlords are integrating technology with manpower to optimize efficiency and contain costs. Office building managers are reducing their reliance on manpower in favor of x-ray machines, metal...
- Irish eyes are smiling. // International Fire & Security Product News;Oct2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p12
Reports on a fully integrated building and security management solution that is being installed at the Central Park commercial development in Ireland. Operational security benefits of the integrated system; Capabilities of the system.
- The Development of Standardized Whole-Building Simulation Assumptions for Energy Analysis for a Set of Commercial Buildings. Stocki, Michael; Curcija, D. Charlie; Bhandari, Mahabir S. // ASHRAE Transactions;2007, Vol. 113 Issue 2, p422
Whole-building energy simulations of commercial buildings are done for various reasons, such as to quantify the various energy components of the end-use building consumption profile, to quantify the energy savings benefit or penalty from modifying various building or system parameters, to assist...
- The Door Detail Schedule. Khairallah, Michael // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2007, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p50
The article features the importance of Door Detail Schedule (DDS) to determine the physical security requirements of the facilities. During the physical survey, the chief security officers and their technicians should identify all doors on the outside and inside of the facilities to rate the...
- Feds eye Loop parcel. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;2/21/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p3
The article reports that the U.S. federal government plans to buy up and redevelop a tattered South State Street block adjacent to the Everett McKinley Dirksen Courthouse. Concerned about security and its continuing need for downtown office space, the government last week sent letters of intent...
- More empty offices in Sandton. Muller, Joan // Finance Week;01/26/2001, p60
Reports on rising office vacancy in the northern suburbs of Greater Johannesburg, South Africa, such as in Sandton. Total area of vacant office space; Oversupply of new buildings; Expected decline in rentals; Use of incentives to attract tenants.
- Pretoria outperforms the rest. Muller, Joan // Finance Week;2/8/2002, p28
Reports on the growing demand for office spaces in Pretoria, South Africa. Decline in vacancy rates; Increase in rental fees; Capitalization rates for office building; Comparison with nearby cities.
- Chagrin-Richmond purchased for $3M. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/2/95, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the purchase of the Chagrin-Richmond Plaza office building by CRP Partners. Cost of the property; Cost of improvement plans.
- Nation OFFICE MARKET. // Orange County Business Journal;11/25/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p42
Reports on the performance of the office market in the United State as of November 2002. Vacancy rates; Monthly average lease rates; Average asking lease rates.