Visitor ID Integrates with Access
- RADIO FREQUENCY IDENTIFICATION AND LIBRARY IMPLEMENTATION: A REVIEW. Kaushik, B. K.; Goel, Viplove; Chauhan, Anil; Goswami, Shailesh; Bankoti, Rohit // Journal of Current Issues in Media & Telecommunications;2010, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p1
This paper reviews the latest technology of RFID (An automatic identification procedure) by comparing it with the ongoing technologies like barcode, smart cards on various parameters. A brief developmental history of this technology in chronological order starting from 1800 till date is...
- Combo Those Cards. Blank, Eric // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2005, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on combining radio frequency identification-enabled plastic cards with advanced card printing and manufacturing techniques for additional security in multiple operations. Addition of hidden patterns and information printed on the surface of a card for another level of security to assess...
- Maximizing Event Security with ID Cards. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2007, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p42
The article discusses the applicability of identification cards (ID) to provide security for special events in the U.S. Most organizations still rely on ID technology which ranges from less expensive barcodes or magnetic strips to more sophisticated radio frequency identification system (RFID)...
- Contactless smartcards take off in the Far East. Riley, John // Computer Weekly;11/14/2002, p6
Reports on the popularity of contactless smartcard applications using radio frequency identification technology for e-payments in Great Britain. Comparison of octopus card used for the Hong Kong public transport system and Sony's EDY e-purse used in Japan; Benefits of RFID cards.
- Trucks to Get ID Cards? // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2005, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p30
Reports that Bob Cool, a Georgia Southern University professor is developing a nationwide system based on radio frequency identification (RFID) devices at truck weigh stations and law enforcement vehicles to gather information for a national truck tracking center; Existing RFID applications;...
- Smart access without touching. // International Fire & Security Product News;Apr2004, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the decision of Legic Identsystems to exhibit its radio frequency identification system products to support contactless smart cards at the International Fire and Security trade show in Great Britain. Security features of the advant system; Remarks from Stephen Neff, vice president of...
- Common, It Isn't. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2002, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p25
Describes the use of common access card (CAC) in business and security applications. Storage of a variety of computer-readable data; Radio frequency identification system-enabled card printer/encoder; Introduction of smart card middleware for Linux systems to CAC program.
- Foreword and Editorial. Abawajy, Jemal H.; Bhargava, Bharat // International Journal of Security & Its Applications;Jul2013, Vol. 7 Issue 4, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which guest editors discusses various reports within the issue on topics including security authentication in smart cards, data security in electronic cash (e-cash) system, and security measures in radio frequency identification (RFID).
- Pass and pay technology. Reid, Keith // National Petroleum News;Feb2000, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p32
Focuses on the technology used by gasoline stations in the United States. Launch of the Mobil Speedpass radio frequency identification system (RFID); EasyPAY system of Shell; Mechanics; Customer acceptance; Challenges facing the implementation of RFID; Smart cards; Security features.