Images Are Really Information
- The 'Fabric' of the Enterprise. Hodgson, Karyn // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2008, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p82
The article discusses the system integration for security management by the business enterprises in the U.S. It is stated that the communication, operation and function are the three key areas that outline how an enterprise system is configured. The business enterprises systems tend to gravitate...
- The Forgotten and Oft-Neglected Door Closer. Johnson, Joel // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2010, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p46
The author discusses the significance of using door closer. He explains the myriad of uses and functions of the door closer in electronic card access applications and in providing physical security, user convenience and compliance. Moreover, the author emphasizes the benefits of the door closer...
- Day Dreaming: What's This World Coming To? Hunt, Steve // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2007, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p20
The article focuses on the significance of best security practices for the future of the security industry. According to the author, cyber crimes are increaing however, video surveillance has been developing and it is more beneficial for the business enterprise as long as it has a standard to...
- Station Integration. // Government Security;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the security system implemented by the Reno, Nevada Police Department to help ensure employee safety. The video surveillance system allows employees to observe parking lots prior to leaving the police building and also allows police to identify people before they are...
- Video's Security Attraction. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p11
Discusses findings of the 'Security' and 'SDM' magazines' research of buyers which showed that video surveillance is the preferred type of security product. Advantages of video surveillance; Technology advances; Buyers' interest on Internet-based video surveillance systems.
- WHAT CUSTOMERS WANT IN NETWORK VIDEO. Engebretson, Joan; Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2005, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p75
Discusses the popularity of network video surveillance systems among security managers in the U.S. Demands of security personnel to have more control on the systems; Capability of security professionals to integrate other security systems; Issues that security managers need to address in...
- Online with Caryn McBride. McBride, Caryn // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/3/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 31, p2
An interview with Internet technology executive Keith Reynolds is presented. Reynolds talks about Internet protocol (IP) and radiation technology, and cites its significance for all businesses. He says that IP with radiation detection security is very important to detect unlawful attacks to...
- EAS for all Walgreens. // Drug Topics;1/23/95, Vol. 139 Issue 2, p8
Reports that Walgreen Co. is installing Checkpoint Systems' electronic surveillance system in its branches.
- Tightening reigns on shrink, Walgreens hones EAS efficiency. Parks, Liz // Drug Store News;10/16/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p49
Presents information on the Electronic Article Surveillance technology utilized by Walgreen Co. Discussion on the use of source-tagging program to track the sale of their products; Impact of the technology on their sales performance; Plans of the firm to increase the efficiency of the technology.