Synergy: Focusing Outside
- One Leader's Perspective on Identification and Access Control. Scaglione, Bernard // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2009, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p48
The author discusses the identification and access control in the U.S. He points out the need to secure individual identity and control access in key infrastructure systems. He cites the insights of Michael Chertoff, who is the Secretary to the Department of Homeland Security in the country,...
- A Culture of Security: Making It Automatic. KING, STEVEN G. // HS Today;Sep2008, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p7
This article focuses on the steps taken by the private sector in the U.S. to protect its core business processes post-9/11. This is evidenced by training their workers and the security policies of individual corporations and through broader sector-specific initiatives like the Responsible Care...
- PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS AND TERMINATION FOR CONVENIENCE CLAUSES: TIME FOR A MANDATE. Roin, Julie A. // Emory Law Journal;2013, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p283
The article discusses public-private partnerships and termination for convenience clauses as of November 2013, focusing on analyses of various government- and privately-run operations which provide goods and services in the U.S. According to the article, private enterprises are responsible for...
- How Companies Can Help Rebuild America's Common Resources. Mills, Karen; Rudnicki, Chris // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;9/21/2015, p2
The article describes the role of businesses in restoring the commons, or the set of communal resources that allow firms and workers to be productive, in the U.S., and the factors that affected collaborations between firms and the government aimed at ensuring continued investment in the commons.
- Red Flag Rules Require Companies to Take Identity Theft Seriously. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2008 Q4, Special section p1
The article discusses the identity theft Red Flag Rules in the U.S. with which businesses need to comply. The rules apply to any company that regularly extends or merely arranges for the extension of credit, including financial institutions and creditors that offer or maintain covered accounts....
- Right Under Your Nose. ROBERTS, TUCSON; PITTMAN, ROBERT H. // Site Selection;Nov2013, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p76
The article reports on the offering of business retention and expansion (BRE) programs by community economic development organizations (EDOs) in the U.S. It says that the initiative is designed to help businesses address external issues, such as tax rates and infrastructure, and improve business...
- Exhibition showcases how to make New York more sustainable and resilient. // Sensors;9/26/2014, p1
The article discusses the House of Green exhibition held in New York, N.Y. on September 23, 2014, which features Danish Cleantech Hub, partnership providing single point of entry for Cleantech activities between Denmark and New York in association with New York City Economic Development Corp.
- Cooperation, not confrontation, way to build nations. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;4/12/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 15, p6
Points out that cooperation rather than confrontation with business leaders will be essential if developing counties are to grow their economies and lift their people out of poverty, according to panelists at a talk in Scarsdale, New York. "Public-Private Alliances: Working Together for Peace...
- ADT Joins PPVAR. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2016, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p17
The article reports that security alarm firm ADT LLC has joined the electronic security Partnership for Priority Verified Alarm Response (PPVAR).