Despite Prices and Low Supply, Managers Try to Buy, Extend Maturities
- A good high-income, low-risk bet. Mabotja, Sello // Finance Week;1/20/2003, p40
Discusses developments concerning investments in money market funds in South Africa. Investors ideal for the funds; Impact of the Collected Investment Schemes Act on the funds.
- Norway petrol fund may move into alternatives. Seeder, Benjamin // Pensions & Investments;3/17/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the consideration of restrictions with regard to the investment of petroleum fund in private equity, real estate and emerging market debt by the Norway government. Countries allowed as per the government scheme for investment; Letter sent to the finance ministry by the Central Bank...
- Smoke and mirrors. Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;8/2/2012, p25
The article discusses the debate on charges in the funds industry that are being disclosed and other that are not such as the Annual Management Charge (AMC), the Total Expense Ratio (TER) and the establishment of the TER plus portfolio turnover ratio (PTR).
- Money market funds a haven in turbulent economic times. Jaffe, Charles A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/14/98, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p13
States that investors prefer to purchase money market funds amid the economic crisis. Advantages of investing in money funds; Rules governing money funds; Average expense ratio; Yield and safety concerns.
- Schmidt composite GIC indexes. // Pensions & Investments;2/22/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p8
Presents data illustrating the composite index funds invested in the United States for the period ending December 31, 19998.
- Investors & investing. // Bond Buyer;08/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30210, p6
Presents graphs on the performance of money market funds in the United States as of August 15, 1997. Short-term yields; Yield curve; Tax-free money market funds; Treasury yield.
- As glut of cash eases, managers find short-term yields a bit more bearable. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;02/27/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30340, p6
Reports that money market fund managers are recovering from a deluge of cash in early 1998 in the United States. Prices and yields; Investors' pursuit of alternative investments; Attraction of the equity market; Puerto Rico Highway & Transportation issue; Recommended investments.
- Note supply down, daily paper in demand, Munis revisited. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/12/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30767, p8
Focuses on investors' interest in money market funds in the United States. Slowdown of the new note supply; Increase of daily rates on nonalternative minimum tax; Proliferation of tender-option bonds.
- New Cash Still Scarce Weeks After Tax Day, Sending Prices Plummeting. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;05/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30890, p7
Reports on the status of sales of money market funds in the United States as of the week ended May 12, 2000. Drop in prices; Attraction of cross-over buyers; Inversion of yield curve; Inflow of tax-free assets.