MUNICIPAL BOND AND STATE AND LOCAL FINANCE LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT[*]
- Curbing Calif.'s Rovers. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31000, p1
Reports on a California legislation regulating the formation of joint power authorities. State Treasurer Philip Angelides and Attorney General Bill Lockyer's hope that the legislation will close loopholes in the law that have allowed issuance of bonds outside of an agency's jurisdiction; Bond...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34615, p6
The article presents information on the current status of laws and legislation related to the bond market in the U.S. as of November 21, 2016. The Public Buildings Renewal Act has been referred to the House Ways and Means Committee. The Municipal Bond Market Support Act of 2016 is pending before...
- NFMA to Ramp Up Disclosure Guidance Efforts. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;2/24/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34064, p1
The article informs that the National Federation of Municipal Analysts (NFMA) is planning to publish new guidance on general obligation bonds, as of February 25, 2014. It discusses the priorities and plans of NFMA chair Susan Dushock. Topics discussed include career of Dushock, the electronic...
- SEC Gives Dealers 2 Week Window on MCDC Settlements. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;3/6/2015, Vol. 1, p34
The article discusses the enforcement of the Municipalities Continuing Disclosure Cooperation (MCDC) initiative of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) according to SEC enforcement division's municipal securities and public pensions unit chief LeeAnn Gaunt. Topics covered include...
- Market Close: Wind in Munis' Sails as Cash Abounds. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;1/10/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F302, p1
The article focuses on an increase in investor liquidity, bond maturation and coupon repayments in January 2014. Topics discussed include importance of trading activity in municipal bonds, general obligation and revenue bonds of Massachusetts, employment situation report by the U.S. government,...
- SECs White: Muni Cases Show Bolder Enforcement Stance. CASEY, JACK // Bond Buyer;11/21/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34615, p7
The article reports that Mary Jo White, chairperson of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, talked about the agency's efforts to enforce regulations to change the municipal bond industry's behavior during a New York University Law School event in November 2016. She discussed how the...
- Indiana legislature contemplates bill merging six state bonding agencies. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p5
Focuses on the legislation in Indiana's Senate which would consolidate six state bonding authorities into the Indiana Finance Authority. Features of the bill; Total worth of outstanding bond debt by the state; List of Indiana state agencies' bond sales from 1980-1998.
- Municipal bond and state local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;05/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30395, p6
Reports on updates regarding municipal bond and state and local finance legislation in various states in the United States. Includes electricity restructuring in Colorado; Private-use bond restrictions on municipal utilities in Alaska; Securities litigation reform in Texas.
- Washington Governor Signs New Public Funds Bill Into Law. // Credit Union Times;3/24/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on the industry-sponsored bill inked by Washington State Governor Chris Gregoire unveiling municipal bond deposits of local and state agencies to 70 Washington Credit Unions in 2010.