S.C. Puts Tobacco RFP on Web Site
- Looking to Hook Investors. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31377, p1
Reports on the new structure of transaction deal of Wisconsin tobacco industry to attract more investors. Advantages of the new structure; Details on largest previous tobacco bond sales; Proposal to create the endowment instead of using all the tobacco deal proceeds to plug the revenue hole.
- State finance officials push tobacco debt. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30846, p1
Focuses on plans for tobacco securitization deals in the United States. Reluctance from legislatures and governors to agree to a bond plan; Transfer of the risk of tobacco company non-payment through securitization; Political pressure in favor of bonding against settlement payments.
- S.C. Takes Steps Toward Securitizing Tobacco Settlement Share. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;08/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30953, p3
Reports on the plan of South Carolina in securitizing its share of the national tobacco settlement. Uses of the proceeds from the securitization.
- Louisiana Resolves to Delay Its Tobacco Securitization. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;03/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30854, p32
Reports plans of state officials to delay securitization of tobacco settlement in Louisiana. Advice of Government Finance Associates to approach tobacco financing with caution; Concern on unfavorable perception of financial markets and rating agencies on the state; Importance of right sense of...
- Officials ask market players to help prove tobacco securitization's benefits. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/01/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30674, p48
Reports on the efforts to securitize payments from the national tobacco settlement to help communities address their unfunded needs in the United States. Highlights of the Bond Buyer Tobacco Settlement Symposium; Approaches to tobacco settlement financings.
- Insures Deny Tobacco Liability Exposure. Lonkevich, Dan // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;07/19/99, Vol. 103 Issue 29, p1
Deals with the denial by insurance companies in the United States that several tobacco companies have liability policies. Report by Schroders Securities company which suggests the existence of liability exposure of some insurance companies; Insurance companies that have been cited in the report...
- Thinking about restrictions. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;12/24/2001 Data Book, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p8
Editorial. Comments on the securities restrictions imposed by the Florida State Board of Administration. Ban on the securities of the tobacco industry; Impact of the restrictions on the economy; Request for the removal of the anti-discrimination policy for Northern Ireland.
- USA: Big Tobacco and the lighter side of security. Meresman, Sergio // Tobacco Control;Jun2003, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p121
Reports that the tobacco industry has lobbied the U.S. administration to have lighters and matches removed from the list of items prohibited in hand baggage. Association of smoking paraphernalia with potential instruments of death; Airport security; Terrorist attacks.
- Westchester County, N.Y., to Refund Tobacco Bonds for Medical Center. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;4/15/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32112, p3
Reports on the sale of government debt to refinance the outstanding tobacco-settlement backed bonds in Westchester County, New York. Financial aid to the Westchester Medical Center; Shift of risk of reduced payments from tobacco companies from taxpayers to tobacco bondholders from the county;...