Standard & Poor's Opens One-Man Office in D.C
- Ending the 'cruelty' of benchmarks. Sortino, Frank // Pensions & Investments;9/4/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p12
Comments on the practice of using indexes as performance benchmarks by investment advisers. Disdain for measuring performance against benchmarks like the Standard & Poor's Corp.'s 500 stock index; Views of investment analyst Peter Bernstein on the issue.
- S&P: Impressed But Still Concerned. Teissonniere, Georgianne Ocasio // Caribbean Business;3/10/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p6
Reports that the economic team of Puerto Rico made a good impression on Standard & Poor's (S&P) during a meeting with S&P officialls. Citation of the improvement in the caliber and management capacity of the economic team members; Commendation from S&P director Kenneth Gear of the team's...
- CDO Manager Quality: A Critical Consideration. Gaw, Mark // Securitization Conduit;2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1-4, p52
The goal of any CDO manager analysis is to attempt to anticipate, as well as possible, how well equipped the CDO team is to meet the diverse needs of a variety of constituents. Given the complexity of the analysis and the poor availability of data, it is necessary to take a multifaceted...
- S&P Will Grade Equity Managers. // National Mortgage News;10/28/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's to rate its managers of private real estate equity funds in New York. Objectives of evaluating the performance of managers; Advantages of the rating scheme; Implications for real estate equity fund market.
- Active fund managers outpace benchmarks. // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/26/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p18
According to Standard & Poor's Corp., a leading provider of independent investment research indices and ratings, out of the nine equity investment-style boxes, active fund managers outperformed indices in five, indices bettered active funds in three and one investment style, midcap blend, came...
- Standard & Poor's Announces 30 Structured Finance Dismissals. D. M. // Asset Securitization Report;3/10/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p9
The article focuses on the plan of credit rating agency Standard & Poor's to dismiss some of its structured finance analysts before the end of March 2008. The layoffs were said to be part of its efforts to restructure some of the struggling business divisions and support the prospects for...
- MANAGED INVESTMENTS. // Money Management;5/18/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p34
Charts are presented showing the performance of investments in Australia, as compiled by Money Management and Standard & Poor's.
- Tough times ahead for listed property. // Super Review;Nov2008, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p10
The article focuses on a review by Standard & Poor's (S&P) Corp., according to which, property securities managers of Australia face another challenging year. S&P said valuations on the nation's listed property stocks will be hampered by volatile market conditions and weaker economic conditions....
- Experience gives best returns, says S&P. Hughes, Frances // Fund Strategy;10/9/2006, p10
The article reports on the opinion of Standard & Poor's Corp. regarding fund managers as the catalyst for highest returns, during its review of the fund management sector in Great Britain. The said review highlights the moving up and down of funds in the market which ended up on a conclusion...