Beth Israel, N.Y. Off S&P Watch
- Beth Israel Med Center Cut by S&P. // Bond Buyer;06/27/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30921, p2
Reports on Standard & Poor's lowering of the rating on New York State Medical Care Facilities Financing Agency's Series 1986 revenue bonds issued for Beth Israel Medical Center in New York City.
- N.Y.'s Beth Israel Medical Center Takes Rating Hit From Moody's. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;06/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30914, p6
Informs that Moody's Investors Service downgraded the primary and underlying bond ratings for New York City's Beth Israel Medical Center to B2 from Baa2. Significant decline in 1999 operating revenues; Extremely low level of cash on hand; Value of outstanding debt affected by the downgrade.
- Untitled. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;12/5/93, Vol. 67 Issue 23, p23
Reports on the Beth Israel Health Care System of New York City. Integrated continuum of care with acquisition of group practice; Facilities of System.
- DOCS a standout in clinic business. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;8/05/96, Vol. 12 Issue 32, p4
Reports on the profits gained by Beth Israel Medical Center on its business of running doctors' offices called DOCS. Financial viability of the business; Expansion of DOCS to position the chain as a magnet for commercial managed care contracts.
- Changes biting into New York dentists. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;12/23/96, Vol. 12 Issue 52, p6
Reports that Beth Israel Medical Center is phasing out its dental residency program in July, 1997. Plans to eliminate its dental clinic; Reasons for the financial problems.
- Guaranteed hospital jobs. // Monthly Labor Review;May92, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p51
Reports that the Beth Israel Medical Center and Local 1199 of the Drug, Hosp ital and Health Care Employees Union negotiated a 40-month collective bargaining agreement, covering about 3,000 hospital workers in New York City. Opted to bargain separately from other League members; What the terms...
- Hospitals duel for donors. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;11/18/96, Vol. 12 Issue 47, p6
Reports that Beth Israel Medical Centre recorded its highest-grossing benefit in November 1996. Cost of the gala; Reference to galas by other hospitals; Information on cost of the other galas.
- Beth Israel on move. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;4/10/95, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p6
Reports on Beth Israel Medical Center's recruitment of surgeons from several competitors. List of surgeons recruited.
- Concerts, cookies, couches: Hospitals getting warmer. Lipowicz, Alice // Crain's New York Business;10/06/97, Vol. 13 Issue 40, p46
Looks at measures which some hospitals in the United States have taken to ensure that patients and their families feel welcomed, with reference to the Beth Israel Medical Center. Comment from Dr. Steven Horowitz, chief of staff of Beth Israel's cardiology unit; Identification of other hospitals...