Texas Agency Considers Desalination
- Largest Desalination Plant in the West on Track for Carlsbad. Mowad, Michelle // San Diego Business Journal;5/28/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 22, Special section p2
The article focuses on the proposed seawater desalination plant in San Diego County, California. Poseidon Resources Corp., a developer of seawater desalination plants, is working to develop the largest desalination plant at the site of the Encina Power Station adjacent to the Agua Hedionda...
- PRECIOUS RESOURCE, MASSIVE PROJECTS. // PM Network;Aug2014, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p10
The article profiles large-scale water resource development projects throughout the world as of August 2014, including the Ras Al-Khair desalination plant in Saudi Arabia, the Jinping-I hydropower station in Liangshan, China, and the G-Cans floodwater diversion project in Saitama, Japan.
- An unquenchable thirst. Critchlow, Andy // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/21/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 21, p39
Focuses on the increased demand for desalinated water in the United Arab Emirates. Impact of the shortage of rainfall on the usable water resources of the country; Environmental cost of constructing a desalination plant; Effort of Dubai Electricity & Water Authority to find ways of desalinating...
- COPING WITH A LAND OF EXTREMES. Brown, Anjali // Government News;Oct2009, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p12
The article offers the author's insight on the partnership between the government of Victoria and AquaSure Consortium. Under the agreement, the largest desalination plant in Wonthaggi will be built and operated by AquaSure. According to the author, the Victorian taxpayers will pay for the...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/23/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 17, p20
Presents news briefs on power and water resources in the Middle East as of April 23, 2004. Tenders issued by General Electricity Co. of Libya for several contracts; Deadline imposed by Saline Water Conversion Corp. to contractors planning to bid for the construction of a water desalination...
- Try this federal boondoggle on for size. Edwards, Chris // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/9/2011, p22
The article discusses the view of the author regarding the unused Yuma Desalting Plant in Arizona which cost 245 million U.S. dollars to build.
- U.S. plant would be only its third. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/05/96, Vol. 237 Issue 6, p20
Reports on plans to construct the third desalination plant in the United States. Long-range development plan of the West Coast Regional Water Supply Authority; Estimated cost of the project.
- Britain's first mains supply from desalinated water: St. Mary's, Isles of Scilly. Cryer, Rick // Geography;Jul94, Vol. 79 Issue 344, p276
Highlights Great Britain's first plant for the supply of desalinated sea water to a mains water-supply network, on the island of St. Mary's in the Isles of Scilly. Reverse osmosis process; Features of the St. Mary's plant.
- Jebel Ali G supplements Dubai's power and water needs. // Modern Power Systems;Feb97, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p31
Describes the power and seawater desalination operations at the Jebel Ali G power plant in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structure of the facility; Plant capabilities; Power plant design on gas turbines, supplementary firing, waste heat recovery boilers, auxiliary boilers and feedwater system;...