Louisiana Housing Agency Set for Final Sale of Year; Will Replace Bond Team
- Louisiana Housing Agency to Sell &65 Million in 2nd Deal Since September. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31747, p36
Reports on the move of the Louisiana Housing Finance Agency to sell revenue bonds. Issuance of multifamily refunding bonds; Number of maturing serial bonds; Participation in risk-sharing program.
- Unfinished plans slow developers. Roberts, Deon // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/2/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p6
The article reports on the unfinished plans, which affect developers in Louisiana. According to sources, the unfinished neighborhood planning process in New Orleans could cost some developers points after the October 20, 2006 application deadline. It has been known that the Louisiana Housing...
- Freddie Fund to Generate Millions for New Orleans Renovations. Dymi, Amilda // National Mortgage News;10/29/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the partnership between Freddie Mac, the Louisiana Housing Finance Agency and the city of New Orleans for investing $4.5 million for a home-renovation project called "Rebuild New Orleans." The aim of the collaboration is to establish scalable home renovations in specific...
- Reserve Fund Set For La. Home Plan. Hochstein, Marc // American Banker;10/23/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 204, p16
The author reports that a reserve fund has been created in by the city of New Orleans, Louisiana, the Louisiana Housing Finance Agency and the company Freddie Mac. The three organizations have invested $1.5 million each in creating the reserve. The goal of the reserve fund, according to the...
- $26.5M complex planned for former bank. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/11/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p23
The article reports on the restoration of the former American National Bank building located at 200 Carondelet St., which will be developed into a mixed income apartment complex under a $26.5-million deal. According to the Louisiana Recovery Authority, Louisiana Housing Finance Agency and state...
- A Gulf of Good Intentions. Lunney, Kellie // American Prospect;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 18 Issue 1, pA20
The article focuses on the sustainable development strategy in rebuilding New Orleans, Louisiana following the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina. Habitat for Humanity International launched the Operation Home Delivery on the Gulf Coast after the disaster hit the city. Global Green USA...
- Freddie to Buy Storm Relief Bonds. Shenn, Jody // American Banker;10/13/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 197, p18
This article reports that Freddie Mac has committed to buy as much as $1 billion of tax-exempt mortgage revenue bonds from state and local housing finance agencies in the Gulf Coast. The government-sponsored enterprise, which announced the commitment on Oct. 12, 2005, said it would initially buy...
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.