July Housing Starts, Permits Both Decline
- Numbers indicate Provo City is in for busy homebuilding year. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/03/99, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p17
Reports on the Provo City, Utah, Planning Commission's review of requests for permits from developers seeking to build new homes in the city, in 1999. Number of permits issued in the previous year; Housing requirements in the city.
- Residential Building Permit Activity Regional & Local Market Survey June 2003. // Supply House Times;Sep2003, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p8
Presents a survey regarding residential building permit activities in various regions and local markets in the U.S. as of June 2003. Figures presented in residential permits; Comparison of the figures with the 2002 results; Confirmation of the upward trend in positive local markets.
- Housing Starts, Permits Down Vs. Last Year. Mazurkiewicz, Greg // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/13/2000, Vol. 211 Issue 11, p21
Presents figures on house construction and building permit demands in the United States as of November 2000. Adjustment of the annual rate of construction and permits; Percentages of decline from 1999 figures; Data on the number of built housing units and permit authorizations.
- Homes sprout from farmland. Schabath, Gene // Crain's Detroit Business;7/15/96, Vol. 12 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the boom in home construction in central Macomb County in Michigan. Leader in single-family building permits for the first quarter of 1996 among eight countries in Michigan; Banking boom; Bargain for home buyers. INSET: St. John expansion reflects township growth..
- Building permits at highest level in 11 months. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;1/18/2002, p3
Reports the increase in the monthly level of building permits in Canada. Role of the strong demand for both single- and multi-family dwellings in the sales increase; Factors contributing to the increase in industrial component permit values; Provinces with greatest increase in the value of...
- Twelve-year high in housing intentions. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;3/15/2002, p6
Reports on the increase in building permits for housing in Canada in January 2002. Value of building permits issued by municipalities; Factors which helped pushed up the value of residential permits; Gain in non-residential intentions.
- New-home market continues its feverish pace. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;6/7/2002, p4
Reports on the value of residential building permits in Canada as of June 7, 2002. Dichotomy between the performance in residential and non-residential sectors; Relation of the strength in the level of employment to the record for construction intentions in the residential sector; Value of...
- Multifamily builders help fuel housing growth. Stewart, David // American Banker;7/12/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 132, p16
Reports on the financial performance of the housing industry for the first quarter of 1994. Increase in building permits; Increase in multifamily activities; Growth markets across the United States.
- Housing Starts Fall 10%; Permits See 5.9% Slump. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;6/17/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33335, p2
The article explores the performance of home construction in the U.S. which shows the decline of the housing starts by 10% and building permits by 5.9%.
- Multifamily value rebounds. // Journal of Property Management;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the value of single- and multi-family housing construction in the United States from 1970 to 1994. Findings from the Harvard University Joint Center for Housing Studies; Comparison between the number of building permits in 1985 and 1994.