Genes and families in the media: Implications of genetic discourse for constructions of the 'family'
- What's ON? // Australian Parents;Jun/Jul 2001, p27
Suggests activities for parents and children in Australia for the months of June and July 2001. Ticket prices at the Adelaide Zoo; Information on the Freemantle Prison art museum; Venue of the Australia's Lost Kingdom exhibition.
- Family Time: What Kids Really Want. Smith, Sarah // Parenting;Nov2002, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p23
Focuses on the time spent by parents with their children. Results of a survey conducted by the Boys & Girls Clubs of America which focuses on family time; Advice on how parents can support their children.
- PARENT TRAINING. Parry, Jessica // Dolly;Nov2002, Issue 385, p48
Provides tips on dealing with the bad behavior of parents. Management of their over-protective trait; Attitude of parents toward their children's friends; Expectations of parents on their children.
- THE ON LIES. Grigoriadis, Vanessa // New York;11/8/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 39, p26
Discusses the rise in the number of only-child families living in the Manhattan district of New York City in 2004. Percentage of over-40 women with only one child; Reasons cited by parents for having only one child; Impact of the arrangement on the children.
- Feasting on Memories. Roome, Diana Reynolds // Parenting;Fall2000 Special Issue, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p29
Provides information on how parents reminisce on the memories of their children and its importance to them.
- On family and flying potato chips. Seabolt, Kymberly Foster // Farm & Dairy;7/31/2014, Vol. 100 Issue 45, pB1
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being a parent.
- Letters to Unborn Daughters: Exploring the Implications of Genetic Engineering. Stephen, Sarah // Futurist;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p37
Explores the implications of genetic engineering in humans. Possibilities of genetic enhancement in children; Reasons parents have to want their children to be genetically enhanced.
- Mom and Dad: Are We OK? Rowh, Mark // Current Health 1;Apr/May2010, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p12
The article offers tips on how children can improve their relationships with their parents.
- Calling a Family Truce. Freinkel, Susan // Health (Time Inc. Health);Jul/Aug99, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p56
Focuses on the story of a woman estranged by her family. Emotional effects of the situation; History of severing family ties in the United States; Efforts to make peace with the family member.