Lesbian and Queer Mothers Navigating the Adoption System: The impacts on mental health
- National Adoption Month includes LGBTs. Hemmelgarn, Seth // Bay Area Reporter;11/11/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 45, p8
The article focuses on the increasing number of gays and lesbians who adopt children through the Adoption Connection program of the Jewish Family and Children's Services (JFCS), which works with LGBT people who are interested to adopt children.
- Adoption ins and outs. Colletta, Jen // Philadelphia Gay News;9/14/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p19
The article provides information on an event in which the National Adoption Center will share information for LGBT parents regarding LGBT adoption, to be held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on September 20, 2012.
- Spreading sunshine: Why the Florida adoption ruling matters to us all. Rudolph, Dana // Bay Windows;
The article focuses on the author's views on the implications of the ruling that allows LGBT parents to adopt children in Florida.
- LGBTQ PARENTING RESOURCES. // Just Out;Nov2012, p59
The article lists several resources for LGBTQ parenting which include donated sperms through fertility clinics, web-based Google group for gay parents known as the Queers United In Parenting PDX, and open adoption and family services (OAFS).
- ELEPHANT HUNTER. Johnson, Troy // Just for Us;2009, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses how the author came to understand the status of his gay mother. It mentions that the author and his mother were not close because of it and he ascertains that something is needed to change. It notes that as the world changes concerning the lesbian, gay, bisexual and...
- Sex Role Attributions of American-Indian Women. Agahe Portman, Tarrell Awe // Journal of Mental Health Counseling;Jan2001, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p72
Specific research on the sex roles of American-Indian women is lacking in mental health counseling. This article examines the sex role attributes of this population of women as compared to a predominately White normative group using the short form of the Bem Sex Role Inventory. A group of 505...
- CHILDREN IN RAINBOW FAMILIES. Hočevar, Andreja // Ljetopis Socijalnog Rada / Annual of Social Work;2014, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p83
This article discusses rainbow families, familiesformed by one or two same-sex attracted persons raisinga child or children. It examines the findings of differentresearch studies undertaken internationally(primarily in the USA and Western Europe) focusing onwhether children growing up in rainbow...
- THE ADOPTION OPTION. Mortimer, Dora // Diva;Aug2012, Issue 195, p79
The article discusses the potential impact of the Adoption Action plan of the government to speed up the adoption process on LGBT adopters in Great Britain. It states that the proposal is promising for LGBT couple as it focuses on inclusivity, however, some challenges still need to address. It...
- Little Catholic gifts. Henneman, Todd // Advocate;12/6/2005, Issue 952, p49
This article ponders on why some Catholic agencies are placing foster kids with same-sex couples despite of the Vatican's statement that allowing gays and lesbians to adopt is doing violence against children. After coming out in 1986, Johnny Symons became an AIDS activist, taking to the streets...