Transgender People and the Amendment of Formal Documentation: Matters of recognition and citizenship
- Assessing transgender asylum claims. Bach, Jhana // Forced Migration Review;Apr2013, Vol. 1 Issue 42, p34
The article focuses on the assessment of asylum claims from transgender applicants in Great Britain. It notes that transgender identity tends to differ from lesbian, gay and bisexual identities and adds that transgender people tend to be excluded from the protections of citizenship. The lack of...
- Trans-formative. Mott, Stephanie // Liberty Press;Sep2008, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p30
The article presents the sixth installment of an eight-part series about the author's reflection on being transgendered.
- transgendered. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2359
An encyclopedia entry for "transgendered," which refers to having a gender identity or gender perception different from one's phenotypic gender, is presented.
- Gender Bender. // Psychology Today;May/Jun2015, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "None of the Above" in the April 2015 issue.
- WORKING ON OUR OWN TERMS. Bender-Baird, Kyla // Curve;May2011, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p27
The author contends that transgenders should not fear losing their jobs because of their gender identity or sexual orientation in the U.S., wherein many have lost their jobs because they were gender non-conforming or transgenders.
- Trans Autonomy: The Right to Personal and Perceived Gender Identity. Weiss, Joshua // Dialogue (00122246);2016 Supplement, Vol. 59, p54
This essay argues in support of a necessary change in, and universalization of, legislative guidelines to allow transgender individuals a reissuing of their birth certificate without note that an amendment was made. This paper defines "transgender," discusses the importance of a person's right...
- THIRD GENDER. Scobey-Thal, Jake // Foreign Policy;Jul/Aug2014, Issue 207, p16
A timeline is presented on the history of gender identity and transgender people from 385 B.C. through 2014, including Nepal's Supreme Court mandating its government to create a third-gender category in 2007, transgender virgins known burrneshas in 15th century Albania and the term gender role.
- Discrimination against transgender people in Europe. // Recht & Psychiatrie;2015, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p174
The article offers information discrimination faced by transgender people in Europe. Topics discussed include prevalence of hate speech and crime against transgender, need of creating general public awareness, discrimination on grounds of gender identity. It further discusses gender reassignment...
- Artful Concealment and Strategic Visibility: Transgender Bodies and U.S. State Surveillance After 9/11. Beauchamp, Toby // Surveillance & Society;Nov2009, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p356
This article considers recent measures of U.S. state surveillance that may first appear unrelated to transgender people, to demonstrate that such policies are in fact deeply rooted in the maintenance and enforcement of normatively gendered bodies, behaviors and identities. The paper argues that...