NATIONAL: Perkins forms PAC
- ASHA-PAC: The power of Political Action. Reeves, Stefanie // ASHA Leader;3/4/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association political action committee (PAC). Reasons why the committee was created; Selection of candidates to receive support; Agenda of the PAC; Issues prioritized by the PAC.
- An Analysis of PAC Contributions and Legislator Quality. Florence, Robert E. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Mar1999, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p59
Deals with a study that examined the influence of three legislator attributes on political action committee campaign contributions. Theoretical framework of the study; House committee and leadership variable predictions; Conclusions.
- Politics ABQPAC Style. Woody, Stan // New Mexico Business Journal;Aug2003, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p67
Comments on the political activities of ABQPAC political action committee in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Controversies surrounding the committee; Efforts of ABQPAC to support the mayor of Albuquerque; Social and political problems facing the city.
- CPAC 2004: BEST-ATTENDED EVER. // Human Events;2/9/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p16
Details the 31st Annual Conservative Political Action Conference, held at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, Virginia from January 22 to 24, 2004. Sponsors of the event; Highlights. INSET: CPAC Co-Sponsors.
- Business Leaders for Michigan PAC shows potential. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;10/12/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p7
The article presents information on the Detroit Renaissance PAC, a political action committee started by Detroit Renaissance Inc. in 2008. The PAC is now the campaign cash kitty that will be used by Renaissance's statewide successor group, Business Leaders for Michigan. The PAC has now been...
- Union Characteristics and Union Political Action. Delaney, John Thomas; Masters, Marick F. // Labor Law Journal;Aug91, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p467
This article discusses a study which explored the relationships among selected trade-union characteristics, and the scope of union political action and union political outcomes in the U.S. between 1987 and 1990. In general, organized labor uses a variety of strategies and tactics to influence...
- CUNA Largesse Reaches Congressional Supporters. Roberts, Ed // Credit Union Journal;3/20/2006, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p10
The article reports that the Credit Union National Association's political action committee has been reaching congressional supporters in the U.S.
- PAC Plays. Willis, Derek // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Apr99, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p24
Discusses how political action committees in the United States are coping with shifts in the electoral environment. Overview of the transformation of political action committees into specialized and ideological groups; Examples of political action committees; How the continual shift toward...
- Big Labor Challenges Business at Every Turn. Donohue, Thomas J. // Business Journal (Central New York);9/7/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p31
The article discusses the challenges experienced by the business community in several arenas in Congress, the boardroom, and politics in the U.S. The arenas are poised to act on a number of bills that would greatly expand workplace mandates and litigation. The Supreme Court decision would...