Closed-Cell Insulation Quiets Noise Days Before Restaurant's Opening
- Q&A: Going for the Gold. // Boutique Design;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p22
An interview with Dennis Quaintance, owner of Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels, is presented. He says that their business is already 19 years old, and was started with restaurants. He says that the company adopts environmentalism in its business operations. He mentions that they do not...
- Developer To Convert Former RJ Reynolds HQ Into Upscale Hotel. // Lodging Hospitality Exclusive Insight;1/6/2012, p2
The article reports on an agreement between R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. and Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels that gives the developer most of 2012 to study the feasibility of renovating Reynolds' 22-story building, which opened in 1929.
- First LEED Platinum Hotel. // Environmental Design & Construction;Dec2008, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p28
The article offers information on the first Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Platinum Hotel in the U.S. Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants and Hotels revealed that the Proximity Hotel and Print Works Bistro have been awarded LEED Platinum by the U.S. Green Building Council...
- S Lessons Learned: Underfloor Air. // Buildings;May2013, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p86
The article offers tips for buildings with underfloor air systems including maintaining a temperature stratification of 2-4 degrees, adjustment of thermostat temperature setpoints to account for cooler temperatures near the floor and review of airflow quantities.
- REGIONAL REPORT: Triad. // Business North Carolina;Jan2013, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p20
This section offers news briefs in the Triad region, North Carolina as of January 1, 2013. Reynolds Building in Winston-Salem will not be converted into a hotel by Quaintance-Weaver Hotels LLC. Tencarva Machinery based in Greensboro acquired Southern Sales Co. in Nashville, Tennessee. R.J....
- Where you live determines what you have. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/06/97, Vol. 202 Issue 6, p19
Examines key issues in choosing heating and ventilation system for buildings. Influences of economy and climate; Use of combination systems; Options resulting from new technology.
- Swedes Put Their Bodies into Green Heat. // Sustainability: The Journal of Record;Jun2010, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p138
The article reports on a method discovered by Swedish engineers to warm up public buildings using human body heat.
- Acoustics: Absorb, Block, and Cover. Madsen, Jana J. // Buildings;Jul2006, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p57
The article illustrates the significance of implementing an integrated acoustic planning and noise reduction strategies for a building. An acoustically positive environment reduces speech intelligibility and lowers the level of noise distraction. When comparing products and systems, look for the...
- Back to Basics. Ellis, Rebecca // Engineered Systems;Jul2001, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p12
Examines the design of a basic ventilation system for equipment rooms. Key features and specifications; Manual fan control of positive supply air pressure and ventilation; Thermostatic fan control of positive supply air pressure and ventilation.