Better Management Through Technology
- PROPOSED 500-METER-TALL TOWER IN SHANGHAI READYING TO RESTART. Post, Nadine M. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/29/2001, Vol. 247 Issue 18, p12
Reports the construction of 500-meter tall building by the industrial designers of Shanghai World Financial Center. Design of the building according to the architect William Pedersen; Safety requirements for tall buildings; Plans on the building appearance.
- Eskom Integrates Area SCADA Systems. Hope-Sotherton, John; Naidoo, Shannon; Marx, Johann; Jones, Phillip // Transmission & Distribution World;Nov2007, Vol. 59 Issue 11, Special section p34
The article discusses the replacement of five regional supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems by Eskom company in South Africa. The company has established a semantic layer using IEC TC57 WG14 common information model (CIM) to implement process-driven integration to enable...
- Vertically Challenged. // Fortune;6/7/1999, Vol. 139 Issue 11, p144
Looks at plans for the Shanghai World Financial Center in Shanghai, China. Problems that have delayed construction of the tallest building on earth; Estimated completion date; Details.
- ENTRY #708 SHANGHAI WORLD FINANCIAL CENTER. KEEGAN, EDWARD // Architect;Nov2009, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p54
The article announces that the Shanghai World Financial Center in China designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates was recognized with an award from the periodical's 2009 Annual Design Review.
- Digital design reaches new heights. Novitski, B. J. // Computer Graphics World;Sep98, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p54
Presents information on the design of the Shanghai World Financial Center by William Pederson of the New York architecture firm of Kohn Pedersen Fox (KPF). Creating the form; Communicating the form; Design challenges; Design visualization.
- Developing a control logic specification. Whitt, Michael // InTech;Feb2009, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p46
The article focuses on the development of a control logic specification. According to the article, a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system's primary purpose is to provide useful information to an operator. It states that a control specification will describe how the systems...
- THE WATER COOLER. // Asia Weekly;9/8/2008, Vol. 2 Issue 35, p24
The article reports on the statement by Patti Waldmeir of "Financial Times" that the global financial volatility will not depress demand for office space. The tallest building in China which is the 101-storey Shanghai World Financial Center Co. Ltd. has just been opened. Jessica McArdle of...
- Information systems learn the power of one. Tresidder, Dean // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);Jun2009, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p20
The article focuses on the concept of integration in industrial information resources management. It mentions the new breed of data management which are supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) and manufacturing execution system (MES). According to the article, the modern concept of...
- The Future of Facility Management. Ehrlich, Paul // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;May2004, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p10
Provides information on the need of facility management for Internet standards. Reason behind the need for Internet standards; Benefits of building intelligence for facility management; Way for consultants, contractors and system integrators to participate in building intelligence.