Piping-System Design Impacts Project Safety
- Welded Pipe Economics. // Penton's Welding Magazine;Mar2007, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p36
The article offers a comparison of several welded components. In using forged socket, cast socket and formed butt weld fittings, belled end pipe fittings are preferred among a variety of demanding applications. Cold wrought belled end fittings, which have tangent ends shaped into a "bell"...
- Flash-Vent. // Qualified Remodeler;Apr2006, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p87
The article evaluates flash vent from York Manufacturing and offers information on its design, draining capability and easy installation quality.
- Under One Roof. // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Dec99, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p53
Features various building equipment and supplies. Includes in-seam attachment systems; Sealing compounds; Commercial and industrial roofing systems.
- BRIEFLY. // Builders Merchants Journal;Feb2003, p31
Features several products used in building work in Great Britain. Linesman's helmet for electrical site work from JSP Corp.; Roofing slates from Alfred McAlpine Slate; Clamps from Harris Corp.
- BRIEFLY. // Builders Merchants Journal;Feb2003, p34
Features several building materials and equipment in Great Britain. Sectional doors from Garador Ltd.; Bath shower range from Bristan Ltd.; Dry wall screw gun from ITW Construction Products.
- TOPSHELF. Tomasulo, Katy // Builder: The Magazine of the National Association of Home Builde;Oct2000, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p59
Features building products and equipment from various manufacturers. StudFinder vinyl sliding system from CertainTeed; Caulks from Red Devil; Neptune washer from Maytag.
- Cost of Helical Pile Foundations. // Journal of Light Construction;Feb2014, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p17
The article presents several replies from building contractors on the advantages of helical piles over concrete tubes.
- Q&A. // Journal of Light Construction;Feb2014, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p19
The article presents questions and answers related to construction of building including conversion of long stairway into a landing, to get a Level 5 finish on regular drywall, and wiring while construction of house.
- L.A. finds path to better concrete paving. // Concrete Construction;Jul2007, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p76
The article focuses on the Los Angeles Bureau of Street Services, which built a 4000-foot bike path from Burbank, California to the North Hollywood arts district. It mentions that the bureau used reusable metal forms and a truss screed instead of wood forms because wood forms can only be used...