Sustainable Design Through BIM and Analysis
- Making a model of a mission. // California Missions;1999, p22
Describes how to make a model of a mission church or the entire complex of mission buildings.
- Scotland unveils a model parliament. // Building Design;1/25/2002, Issue 1517, p5
Reports on the completion of a model for the debating chamber at the Parliament building to be built in Scotland, as of January 2002. Background on the design of the building; Purpose of making the mock-up; Plans for the design.
- A model mission. Nelson, Libby // California Chronicles;Sep99, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p12
Provides instructions on how to make a model of a California mission using corrugated cardboard boxes.
- Model Diplomacy: The Discovery of the Japanese Architectural Ambassadors to the 1873 Vienna Exhibition. Coaldrake, William H. // Orientations;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p47
The article presents the author's initial analysis and conclusion with regard to a number of Japanese architectural models in the Museum fÃ¼r VÃ¶lkerkunde (Museum of Ethnology) in Vienna, Austria that was exhibited at the 1873 Vienna Exhibition. According to the author, the list of objects...
- Building blocks. West, Diana // Figurines & Collectibles;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p52
Features the miniature wooden buildings by Faline Fry Jones from the Cats's Meow Village in Wooster, Ohio. Includes the National Parks Postage Stamp series, the Hershey Collection and the Snowman Collection; Account on the career background of the artist; Description of the miniatures; Price and...
- Canada announces plans for two major museum projects. // Architectural Record;Feb1984, Vol. 172 Issue 2, p49
Presents information on the unveil of models of the buildings for the National Gallery of Canada and the National Museum of Man by the Canadian government in 1984. Designers of the model; Description of the buildings.
- Untitled. // Building Design;5/30/2003, Issue 1581, p7
Presents an architectural model for the redevelopment of the North East Worcestershire College in England by the architectural firm, D5 Co. Inclusion of a media and performing arts teaching space and a series of new classrooms.
- On Location. Self, Will // New Statesman;3/27/2015, Vol. 144 Issue 5255, p98
The author reflects on the disjunction between an image and the thing it is intended to represent, focusing on the ubiquity of posters depicting other places in cities. Topics include the use of computer-generated models of buildings on posters to cover up a construction site; the use of exotic...
- Fuzzy Probability Study on Wind-Induced Annoyance of Tall Buildings. Wang, Dayang; Zhou, Yun; Deng, Xuesong; Zhu, Yong // Advances in Structural Engineering;Aug2012, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p1411
Wind-induced annoyance of high-rise buildings was studied using fuzzy probability method. Fuzzy annoyance modes with different membership functions (MFs) were proposed to predict structural annoyance ratio in wind-induced vibration. The predictions of the annoyance ratio were compared firstly...