What's Your Symbol?
- In the Name of Patriotism. Kavoussi, Bonnie // Teen Ink;May2006, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p18
This article discusses the manifestations of patriotism in the U.S. The author agrees that patriotism involves love of country and likewise some degree of trust in the system of government, but he asserts that unconditional love of the regime is not patriotism but blind ignorance. He also argues...
- South Carolina. Daniels, Doug // Politics (Campaigns & Elections);Sep2008, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p56
The article focuses on the opposition of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and other African American leaders to a compromise over flying the Confederate flag on the dome of the state capitol. The NAACP and its allies have maintained pressure on the...
- Proclamation 9046--Death of Thomas S. Foley, Former Speaker of the House of Representatives. OBAMA, BARACK // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/28/2013, p1
The article reports on an official announcement by U.S. President Barack Obama as on October 28, 2013 on the demise of Thomas S. Foley, an American politician to commemorate Foley's contribution in country's politics. Obama announced that the U.S. flag shall be flown at half-staff at the White...
- Living Color. Adams, Mark // New York;9/25/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 33, p14
The article reports on colors which represent various stories in the life of several notable people in the U.S. President George W. Bush had once again wrapped himself in the flag at ground zero. Mark Green claimed that his twenty-point loss signals his political career to fade to black. While,...
- Colors of Our Flag. // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Sep2002, Vol. 59 Issue 1, following p4
Presents an activity program about the colors of the U.S. flag.
- Hanging Out With the Flag. // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;May/Jun2011, Vol. 67 Issue 8, Special section p1
The article discusses some information about the U.S. flag, which includes its stars and stripes.
- I Pledge Allegianceâ€¦. Bledsoe, Karen E. // Appleseeds;Sep2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p22
Elaborates the Pledge of Allegiance in the U.S. Definition of pledge and allegiance; Symbolism of the flag; Indivisibility of the U.S.
- Respecting Our Flag. Greene, Louise L. // Appleseeds;Sep2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p24
Explores the proper respect for the U.S. flag. Position of the flag; Display of the flag with flags of other nations; Burning of a worn-out flag; Saluting at the flag; Protection of the flag from touching the ground or water.
- Irene: Death to America! Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;8/31/2011, p1
A photograph showing an American flag submerged on a flooded street on August 31, 2011 in Wallington, New Jersey, is presented.