Baldor acquires Poulies Maska
- Biz bits. // Motion System Design;Oct2008, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p14
The article offers information on various developments in the manufacturing industry. MagneMotion Inc., a manufacturer of assembly automation and transportation solution using linear synchronous motor (LSM) technology, will move its corporate headquarters in December 2008 to Devens,...
- Manufacturer briefs. // Pit & Quarry;Oct2008, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p49
The article offers global news briefs related to businesses. Poulies Maska Inc. was acquired by Baldor for $33 million. Doosan Infracore America Corp. expects to complete its $81 million acquisition of Moxy Engineering AS in the fourth quarter of 2008. Metso Corp. announces the reorganization of...
- BALDOR COMPLETES THE PURCHASE OF DODGE AND RELIANCE ELECTRIC. // Coal Age;Mar2007, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p47
The article reports on the decision of Baldor Electric Co. to complete the acquisition of Power Systems, a division of Rockwell Automation. According to the author, the acquisition positions Baldor as the largest industrial electric motor manufacturer in North America. The addition of the Dodge...
- Machine tool components and accessories. // Modern Machine Shop;Aug94, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p314
Introduces the Super-E high-efficiency AC motors and AC brushless and DC servodrives of Baldor Electric Co. at the 1994 International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS). Features; Capabilities; Contact information.
- IBE Program Targets Inefficient Electric Motors. // Assembly;Nov2009, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p14
The article reports on the creation of an installed evaluation program by Baldor Electric Co., a manufacturer of industrial motor and power transmission equipment, that targets inefficient electric motors.
- Product ROUND-UP. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Aug2001, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p24
Features several equipments and supplies for power transmission in the United States as of August 2001. Functions of soft-start controls from Baldor Electric Co.; Capabilities of the neoprene end stops and PTFE thrust bearing from Stafford Manufacturing Corp.; Applications of the gearing...
- Smart drives simplify cable winding automation. // DEMM: Digest of Equipment, Materials, & Management;Jan2007, p33
The article offers information on the benefits of Baldor's H2 AC motor drive to Centrilift Cable. The motor drive enabled Centrilift to eliminate a programmable logic circuit and improve the productivity of winding finished cable onto drums. Centrilift is a producer of specialized cabling for...
- Baldor. // Pit & Quarry;Dec2014, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p49
The article profiles the Fort Smith, Arkansas-based manufacturer of industrial electric motors, drives, and mechanical power transmission products Baldor Electric Co. It states that the company's products have strong brand recognition for quality and value with customers. It notes that the...
- 2007 Product of the Year: Power Transmission. // Plant Engineering;Nov2007, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p90
The article evaluates various equipment for power transmission including Poly Chain GT carbon belt from Gates Corp., pillow-block ball-bearing housing from The Timken Co., and MagnaGear XTR from Baldor Electric Co.