`Strapped-for-Cap' State HFAs Issuing More Variable-Rate Debt
- Moody's: State HFAs Using More Swaps, Variable-Rate Deals. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p42
Reports on the increase in the number of variable-rate debt and municipal interest rate swaps of housing finance agencies (HFA) in the U.S. Conduction of the survey by Moody's Investors Service Inc.; Number of HFA selling variable-rate debt; Outstanding dollar amount of hedged and unhedged...
- Please tell me how this deal is fair. Kassam, Isabelle // Mortgage Strategy;1/23/2006, p23
The article presents the author's views on the recently launched product, a two year fix at 1.89% which reverts to a standard variable rate of interest at 6.5%. Main problem with this deal is that there are early recovery penalties for six years; a four year overhang on the SVR. According to the...
- N.Y. Housing Agency Converts Auction-Rate Bonds to VRDOs. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;2/11/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32813, p44
The article reports on the plan of the New York State Housing Finance Agency (HFA) to convert $173.3 million of auction-rate bonds into variable-rate demand obligations. These bonds were sold in 2005 to finance the construction of a multifamily housing development in Manhattan, a joint venture...
- NEW YORK: HFA's Variable Conversion. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/14/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32794, p9
The article reports on the plan of the New York State Housing Finance Agency (HFA) to convert $176.8 million of bonds sold in 2005 to variable rate from auction-rate mode because of the increase in the auction-rate market in New York. According to HFA spokesman Philip Lentz, the fallout from the...
- Tables are turned in the equity release stakes. Mirfin, Dean // Mortgage Strategy;11/27/2006, p48
The article focuses on the interest rates for single advance and draw down lenders offered by firms in the financial services industry in Great Britain. GE Life Ltd. increased its interest rate while other lenders held their rates constant. Fixed rate options from providers of equity release...
- Variable-rate borrowers turning to different approaches. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;02/01/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30569, p37
Reports on variable-rate municipal borrowers' experimentation with different credit products. Reshuffling of the credit enhancement market; Transformation of the variable-rate sector from a buyer's market to a seller's market; Strategy of structuring a longer term on a credit agreement;...
- Chelsea Building Society cuts SVR by 0.14%. Thomas, Paul // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);12/16/2013, p1
The article reports that customers on direct-only lender's standard variable rate of Chelsea Building Society in Great Britain will pay 5.65 per cent instead of 5.79 per cent effective December 15, 2013.
- Borrowers warned as SVRs increase. Jones, Lee // Money Marketing;1/7/2010, p5
The article reports on the warning made by brokers to all the borrowers regarding the increase of lenders' standard variable rates (SVR) in Great Britain.
- Rate of change. Duffy, Kevin // Money Marketing;3/22/2012, p41
The article looks at the positive implications for the broker community of an increase in standard variable rates (SVRs) of lending firms in Great Britain.