School District Gets Off Ohio's Fiscal Emergency List
- L.A. Schools to Sell $2.5 Billion of GOs next month. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/30/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31563, p4
Reports on the plans of Unified School District in Los Angeles, California to sell $2.5 billion in general obligation bonds in February 2003. Amount of sale of Measure K bonds approved by voters; Proposed sale of Proposition BB bonds.
- Correction. // Bond Buyer;4/17/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33896, p2
A correction to the article related to the independent school district and public finance operations that was published in the previous issue of April 2013 is presented.
- Rockford, Ill., Schools Turn to U.S. Judge on Desegregation Funds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p3
Reports that the Rockford, Illinois School District has turned to the federal courts for a solution after the Illinois Supreme Court overturned the district's use of tort immunity laws to pay for desegregation efforts. District financial officials' hope that the court will issue a Jenkins...
- Budget Woes Turn Illinois School System to Local Bankers for Help. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p3
Reports on the Rockford School District's plan to sell its annual tax anticipation warrant issue in February 2000. School district's concern that a budget crisis prompted by an Illinois Supreme Court riling against its Tort Immunity tax levies will dampen investor interest in an upcoming debt...
- Utah school spending increased 8.2 percent per student amid budget cuts. Stephenson, Howard // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/30/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the increase in total school spending in Utah for the year that ended June 2002. Categories of school district expenditures; Variations of spending per student in districts; Analysis of the percentage of school district revenue sources.
- Chestatee Regional news and notes. // Georgia Library Quarterly;Summer2011, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p33
The article announces that in 2010, the Dawson County School System in Chestatee, Georgia received a Bright from the Start grant to improve literacy among children.
- Cost-Cutting Measures to Impact Workers, Schools. Wiedemann, Liz // San Diego Business Journal;7/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p13
The article reports that the board of Poway Unified School District in California has approved the budget for the 2008-2009 fiscal year, which will begin on July 1. The new budget includes a $259 million fund for expenditures and a $10.7 million savings from cost-cutting measures. The services...
- Probe Won't Stop Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p1
Reports on the Miami-Dade School Board's plan to move forward with the sale of certificates of participation (COP) and auction-rate bonds in early June 2001. Investigation into the Florida school district's spending; Rating assigned by Moody's Investors Services to the fixed-rate COPs, Series...
- Florida School Districts Offer $200 Million of Insured COPs. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;04/15/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30620, p36
Focuses on two Florida-based school districts' plan to issue certificates of participation (COP) to fund school needs. Advantages of COP over bonds; Orange County School Board's construction of three elementary schools and one middle school; School Board of Osceola County's plan to build an...