Univ. of Michigan Index Off to 107.8
- Consumer Spending Patterns Differ by Region. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Jul2002, pN.PAG
Analyzes the differences in consumer spending or regions in the U.S. in the period 1998-1999. Factors that make the differences; Major items of consumer spending; Expenditures on transportation and housing.
- Three reasons for optimism. // Dow Theory Forecasts;6/18/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 25, p8
The article presents a perspective on the economic outlook of the U.S. It has been noted that a slowdown in home sales and a sharp rise in gasoline prices have many concerned that the consumer will slow down his spending. On the other hand, personal income is rising at rates well above...
- October Price Statistics. Bryan, Michael F.; Meyer, Brent // Economic Trends (07482922);Dec2007, p3
Several charts and diagrams depicting the statistics on consumer prices in the U.S. in October 2007, are presented.
- Consumer Sentiment Increases in July. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32186, p2
Reports on increases in the consumer sentiment index in the U.S. in 2005.
- Closets, Malls, Houses and More. Dolliver, Mark // Brandweek;2/16/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p15
The article discusses the results of several surveys about consumer confidence. New-car shoppers were more likely to prefer an American-made vehicle. The majority of female respondents claimed that they had clothes with tags still on them. Less than half of consumers go to the mall as frequently...
- Over-the-month percent changes in the U.S. City Average Consumer Price Index. // CPI Detailed Report;Jan2004, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p19
Presents a chart depicting the over-the-month percentage changes in the U.S. City Average Consumer price Index for All Urban Consumers in 2003.
- Less for Private Spending? Keyserling, Leon H. // New Republic;5/23/60, Vol. 142 Issue 21, p15
Focuses on issues related to private consumer spending in the U.S. Effects of deficiencies in private and public consumption on the unemployment of plant and manpower; Factors contributing to private economic progress; Statistics on the U.S. economic growth.
- Consumer Sentiment Index Drops to 69.6 From 78.4. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/19/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32818, p2
The article reports on the preliminary consumer sentiment index (CSI) of the University of Michigan in February 2008 in the U.S. According to market sources the index was 69.6, compared to the final CSI reading of 78.4 in January 2008. Economists had predicted a 77.7 reading for the index....
- Consumer confidence in healthcare consistent through most of 2009. // LocumLife;Jan2010, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p8
The article provides information on the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Healthcare Consumer Confidence Index (RWJF Index) in the U.S. in 2009. The confidence index declined in November after a sharp rise in October. It has averaged 99.2 points since its start in April 2009. The monthly...