Trade Deficit Up 1% in June
- Trade balance hits record high in 2000. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;03/02/2001, p1
Reports on the result of the international trade surplus of Canada for the year 2000. Results of the total exports and imports in Canada; Factors which contributed to the increase in the exports of energy products; Increase in the imports of automotive products.
- FACING UP TO THE TRADE GAP WITH JAPAN. Abegglen, James C.; Hout, Thomas M. // Foreign Affairs;Fall1978, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p146
This article examines the trade gap between the U.S. and Japan. In 1977, the U.S. ran an eight billion dollar trade deficit with Japan and in 1978 the figure is running 50 percent higher. As a key component in the overall U.S. balance-of-payments deficit, a recurring irritant in U.S.-Japanese...
- Australia's trade is on the up. Stammer, Don // BRW;7/20/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p19
Reports on the improvement in Australia's balance of trade. Increase in the country's trade deficit in the wake of the 1997 Asian financial crisis; Moderation of import growth over the past year to 2001; Problems in maintaining export growth.
- Foreign trade. // Economic Trends (07482922);Feb96, p10
Discusses import and export trends in the United States. Share of these items to real gross domestic product from 1987 and 1996; States with highest export growth; Trade deficit from January 1994 and October 1995; Change in US trade balance from June to October 1995.
- Both exports and imports up. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;05/25/2001, p1
Reports on the increase in exports and imports of Canada's merchandise in March 2001. Increase in agricultural and fishing exports; Merchandise trade balance; Comparison of first quarter imports and exports for 2000 and 2001.
- Exports fall to 17-month low. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;10/26/2001, p1
Reports on the decrease in merchandise exports of Canada in August 2001. Percentage of export decline; Percentage of decline in imports; Trade surplus of Canada; Merchandise trade balance.
- Exports at lowest level in five months. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;5/24/2002, p1
Reports on the rate of decline in exports in Canada. Trade surplus with U.S.; Total trade deficit with other nations; Largest import sectors.
- Implications and Interpretations of Value-Added Trade Balances. Benedetto, John B. // Journal of International Commerce & Economics;Jul2012, p1
Recent academic work has suggested that China's exports to the United States contain a large portion of non-Chinese value added. This paper looks at what the findings of this work could suggest for U.S. and Chinese trade balances, provides some theoretical cautions in interpreting value-added...
- Trade Deficit Down To $28.3 Billion. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;7/20/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31185, p2
Reports on the decline of the United States' trade deficit in May 2001, according to Commerce Department. Total exports and imports for the month.