Oregon Vote Over Tax Cap
- STATE TAX POLICY: CHALLENGES, TASKS, PROSPECTS. Ilyenko, R. V. // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi EkonomÃ¬ki;Apr2011, Vol. 118 Issue 4, p211
The article summarizes the current problems and challenges of tax policy in Ukraine. The effectiveness of major taxes is analyzed. Prospective directions for technique improvement on formation and implementation of tax policy are offered.
- Current Corporate Income Tax Developments--Western States. Guenette, Melissa; Mutler, Joel J.; Velazqeuz, Boyce // Journal of State Taxation;Fall2004, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p30
Focuses on corporate income tax developments in western states in the U.S. Release of ï¿½Nexus in Arizonaï¿½ brochure; Colorado corporate income tax.
- Significant 2002 California Tax Law Developments. Micheli, Chris // Journal of State Taxation;Fall2004, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p76
Focuses on significant 2002 California tax law developments. State budget accord; Net operating loss carryovers; Bank bad debt reserve accounting.
- Multistate Taxation. Tatarowicz, Philip M. // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;Jan2005, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p33
Explores the tax policies of several states in the U.S. Law allowing corporations to take a dividend received deduction for dividends from an insurance company in California; Clarification made on the description of a taxpayer for purposes of the MinnesotaCare tax by the Department of Revenue;...
- Assessing the Impact of Tax-Exempt Properties in TIF. Carroll, Deborah A. // Journal of State Taxation;Fall2004, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p62
Focuses on the impact of tax-exempt properties in tax increment financing in the U.S. Provision of public investment to generate private development; Leveraging of a desired income.
- Decline in State Corporate Income Taxes. // Practical Accountant;Nov2001, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the decline in state corporate income tax collection in the United States in 2001. Decline in federal corporate income tax; Quarterly corporate payments of income taxes in mid-2001.
- How California's Liberal Tax Policies Enrich Its Neighbors. DeVore, Chuck // Human Events;5/7/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 16, p7
The article reports that California's liberal tax policy forces its talented high-wage earners to move to other states with friendlier tax policies. The impact of their migration to other states on the California's budget is noted. According to the Tax Foundation, California heavily relies on...
- State Supermajority Requirements: GGD-98-90R. White, James R. // GAO Reports;6/2/1998, p1
Pursuant to a congressional request, GAO provided information on revenue actions taken in states with and without supermajority requirements for tax and other revenue increases from 1988 to 1997. GAO noted that: (1) thirteen states now have some form of supermajority requirement; (2) these...
- Grading Tax Systems. Harkness, Peter A. // Governing;Feb2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p4
Introduces a series of articles on state tax systems in the U.S. Areas evaluated in the tax system; Reporters to which the quality of the researching, reporting and writing is attributable.