The shape of things to come
- Dark and moody. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/14/2005, Issue 5460, p24
Presents an interview with Michael Tyler managing director Malcolm Nix on how the company struggles in the stiff competition in the furniture market in Great Britain. Assertion on the need for a unique design that will please consumers; Views on the impact of new marketing schemes on the...
- Complementary territory. Munro, Caroline // Cabinet Maker;4/11/2008, Issue 5583, p32
The article reports that Natuzzi and Michael Tyler, top designer furniture companies in Great Britain, have created leather sofas by combining leather and fabric. Natuzzi has launched its Alcantara Elegance velvety microfibre fabric, as well as London, a two-tone metallic fabric, which are both...
- Michael Tyler in export drive. // Cabinet Maker;06/30/2000, Issue 5194, p2
Informs on the export plans of British design led upholstery firm Michael Tyler.
- MT bucks the trend. // Cabinet Maker;10/30/98, Issue 5112, p4
Reports on the consistent performance of furniture upholstery firm Michael Tyler (MT) despite a general decline in the retail industry sales in Great Britain. Forecasted sales revenue of the company in 1998; Reason for the decline in the sales of the low-end segment of the industry.
- Shop window. // Cabinet Maker;1/31/2003, Issue 5322, p8
Introduces several house furnishings. Design of the Olympian 1400 bed from Airsprung Beds; Description of the Baxter sofa from the Atrium Collection of Michael Tyler Furniture; Elegance of the bedroom style Boston from the Hepplewhite Collection of Hammonds.
- How to Make 2000 Your Best Year Ever. Dossenbach, Tom // Wood & Wood Products;Nov99, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p85
Discusses management issues facing furniture companies in year 2000. Report of the American Management Association; Case study on a mid-western furniture company; Reaction of companies to the challenges.
- Pennsylvania House gets back to basics. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;6/3/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p1
Reports the management changes in Pennsylvania House furniture company. Quality of products; Effectiveness of sourcing; Growth in gallery distribution.
- Contract move for Newplan. Westphal // Cabinet Maker;04/02/99, Issue 5132, p4
Discloses furniture manufacturer Newplan's plan to enter the contract sector as part of a series of initiatives launched since sales director Robert Hassell's entry into the firm.
- Q&A. // Cabinet Maker;06/12/98, Issue 5092, p6
Responds to inquiries related to the management of furniture companies in Great Britain. Dealing with customer complaints about beds; Provision of the Supply of Goods Act.