Retailers face warranty problems
- Piecing together a purchasing program Deierlein, Bob // World Wastes;Jun1996, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p40
No abstract available.
- Extended warranties: Have we missed the boat? Wheeler, Jim // Contractor Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p28
Opinion. States that manufacturers are extending the warranties on parts in western Ohio. Who would be affected due to the extension of the warranties of the parts; Suggestions from the author; Circumstances surrounding the extension of the warranties.
- Is it time for a change in equipment warranties? // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/19/96, Vol. 197 Issue 8, p1
Questions appropriateness of existing standards regulating equipment warranties provided by manufacturers in the heating and ventilation industry in the United States. Evaluation of consumers' demand for warranties; Calls for `The News' readers' opinion.
- Texas contractor compares extended warranties to HMOs. Mahoney, Thomas A. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/26/96, Vol. 198 Issue 17, p16
Reports on the similarities between the extended warranties on heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment and the health maintenance organization (HMO). Remarks of Larry Cook of TD Service; Problems with the long-lived warranties and third-party deals.
- MORE COVERAGE WITH THAT? Paul, Noel C. // Christian Science Monitor;10/15/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 224, p15
Gives advice to consumers on how to gain benefits from extended warrantees.
- Knowing when to protect your tech. Collins, Clayton // Christian Science Monitor;10/15/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 224, p15
Presents the experiences of the author after purchasing an extended warranty for his compact disc burner.
- Commissioning: Getting it right. Ellis, Rebecca Thatcher // Engineered Systems;Aug98, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p32
Focuses on warranty-period commissioning activities of building systems. Commissioning tasks; System performance tests; Commissioning specification; Mechanism for holding payment; Ten-month checkup; Performance monitoring.
- Warranties. Deierlein, Bob // Beverage World;1/15/98, Vol. 117 Issue 1652, p134
Part 1. States that warranties which cover equipment are being extended. Definition of warranty; Types of warranties; Personalized warranties by vehicle or operation; Details on the completion of warranty claims; Importance of completing PM inspections on schedule and documenting warranties.
- New-car warranties. // Consumer Reports;Apr95, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p226
No abstract available.