PEOPLE AND POSTS
- People on the move. // Human Resources (09648380);Oct2008, p13
The article announces several appointments related to human resources (HR) in Great Britain including Nigel Perks as chief HR officer at BT Global Services, Karen McMillan as director of talent at sales agency Reach and Mike Conway as group HR director at Standard Life.
- Develop good habits. Murphy, Lynn // People Management;04/02/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p72
Offers tips for personnel management professionals on how to implement CPD programs. Types of behavior of personnel management professionals of keep CPD records.
- Future challenges and opportunities for the HR profession. Heneman III, Herbert G.; Metzler, Cynthia A.; Thomas, Jr., R. Roosevelt; Donohue, Thomas J.; Frantzreb, Riachard B. // HRMagazine;Mar98, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p68
Discusses the future challenges and opportunities in the human resource (HR) profession. Methods of teaching HR competencies to line managers; Risks faced by HR professionals; Challenges faced by HR professionals who hope to remain relevant to their organizations.
- THE POLITICS OF MANAGING PEOPLE. Gerardi, Michael T. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct78, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p10
No abstract available.
- HR career issues... O'Halioran, Esther; Maxted, John // Personnel Today;3/9/2010, p17
The article provides an answer to a question on how an old-school human resources (HR) director should start for change management.
- HR is not immune to suits. Miklave, Matthew T.; Trafimow, A. Jonathan // Workforce;Oct2001, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p97
Examines the possibility for human resource (HR) professionals to be sued by employees or former employees for company-related issues. How HR managers can avoid being sued by employees; Importance of the access to and use of labor counsel in performing HR functions.
- Small companies urged to reap benefits of HR. Hammond, Dominique // People Management;6/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p11
Highlights the strategies of several human resource managers in recruiting and retaining personnel. Importance of employees to the success of small-to-medium enterprises; Reason for giving employees flexible working arrangements; Inclusion of staff development in investment plans.
- Observations from the witness stand. Hugh, Sinclair E. // HR Magazine;Aug1994, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p176
Presents observations on the practices of human resource (HR) professionals. Credibility problems of proactive HR professionals who operate as internal consultants; Need for professionalism; Confidentiality.
- Human resource directors play larger role in corporate growth. Schrader, Martin // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/10/97, Vol. 36 Issue 45, p29
Discusses the importance of a human resources (HR) director in a corporation. Pyramid of personnel people's duties; Factors need to be understood by HR director. INSET: No brain, no gain.