How HR made a difference at work
- Change-oriented organizational citizenship behaviors: the direct and moderating influence of goal orientation. Bettencourt, Lance A. // Journal of Retailing;Fall2004, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p165
Organizational learning in a retail setting relies on the motivation of boundary-spanning retail associates to identify and implement organizationally functional changes with respect to work methods, policies, and procedures within the context of their jobs, stores, or organizations- referred to...
- STAKEHOLDER CENTERED COACHING FOR BUSINESS & LEADERSHIP GROWTH. Shah, Vandana // Images Retail;Aug2014, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p52
The article discusses retail business coaching for growth in leadership focused on the stakeholder. Topics covered include retail sector coaching goals including enhancement of leadership skills that could lead to improved relationships of managers and salespeople and ultimately higher sales....
- Currys distribution at peak levels despite impending redundancies. // Personnel Today;5/16/2006, p4
The article reports that electronics retailer Currys has revealed that its distribution centres are performing at peak levels despite a major change programme that will see 1,400 job losses by this time next year. DSG International Ltd., Currys' owner, announced the two-year change programme in...
- Currys appoints Play to viral task. // Marketing (00253650);12/12/2007, p4
The article reports that retailer Currys is making its first foray into viral marketing with the launch of a digital campaign promoting its range of electrical goods in the run-up to Christmas. The initiative may be seen as a change of strategy for Currys, which has previously focused on...
- Currys calls in Changing Rooms star for value message. Bainbridge, Jane // Marketing (00253650);9/11/2003, p19
Electrical retailer Currys has discarded its 'Currys, no worries' serviceoriented positioning of the past two years in a return to the low-pricing message it had previously favoured. The advertising agency M&C Saatchi-created campaign, which was launched on August 3, stars interior designer...
- A Road Less Travelled. Maldonado, Michelle; Turk, Donna C. // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Sep2015, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p7
An interview is presented with Donna Turk, the retired senior director of talent development and training for variety store Dollar General Corp. She discusses her career in retail, working for companies including Target and Home Depot. Other topics covered include leadership training methods,...
- Leadership Lessons. Mulcahy, Anne M. // Executive Excellence;Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p13
Presents tips on effective leadership. Establishment of organizational objectives; Importance of listening; Consideration for corporate culture.
- burning career issues. Causon, Jo // Personnel Today;5/6/2008, p33
The article presents an answer to the question of how to embed a leadership culture in an organisation and get individuals of all levels to demonstrate leadership behaviours.
- ETHICS IN THE WORKPLACE: IT BEGINS WITH CHARACTER. Barnett, Rebecca // Women in Business;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on ethics in the workplace. Responsibility of organizational integrity; Creation of company culture; Information on character-centered leadership.