THE BIG PICTURE
- 3.4 acres, 28,000 tons of steel, and ulcers. Marks, Andrew // Crain's New York Business;10/15/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p43
Reports the complications of the construction project of the America Online Time Warner building in New York, New York. Complexity of the scheme; Installation of temporary columns in the building; Development of traffic disrupting delivery schedules of contractors.
- WHITNEY ISD BOND ELECTION SURVEY QUESTIONS. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/24/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p9
The article presents several survey questions related to Whitney Independent School District (ISD) on topics including the bond election on the Intermediate and Middle School building construction, the location of the proposed buildings, and installation of air conditioners inside the gymnasiums.
- White cone invests in its youth with new building. Yurth, Cindy // Navajo Times;2/17/2011, Vol. 50 Issue 7, pC4
The article reports on the construction of a multipurpose building that will provide a gymnasium and other space for White Cone High students in Arizona.
- UNDER CONSTRUCTION. // Wilson County News;11/25/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 47, p8A
Photographs of members from Falls City Independent School District board of trustees and construction companies Bartlett Cocke General Contractors and Anderson Group Construction Management touring the academic building and gymnasium which are under construction at Falls City, Texas are presented.
- Modeling STONE WALLS. Morse, Ron // Model Railroader;Feb2003, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p92
Provides tips in modelling a stone building. Details about the molding technique; Steps in preparation for a mold box; Instructions for finishing walls. INSET: CURVED WALLS.
- Iconic new building for DIRCO. // Civil Engineering (10212000);Dec2010, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p83
The article focuses on the design of the building of the Department of International Relations and Cooperation (DIRCO) in Pretoria, South Africa. It says that the guideline for the DIRCO project was to show an image that encourages the national interests. It states that the construction of the...
- Health Monitoring of Buildings during Construction and Service Stages Using Vibration Characteristics. Moragaspitiya, H. N. Praveen; Thambiratnam, David P.; Perera, Nimal J.; Chan, Tommy H. T. // Advances in Structural Engineering;May2012, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p717
Columns and walls in buildings are subjected to a number of load increments during the construction and service stages. The combination of these load increments and poor quality construction can cause defects in these structural components. In addition, defects can also occur due to accidental...
- Ultra-High Strength Concrete Filled Composite Columns for Multi-Storey Building Construction. Liew, J. Y. Richard; Xiong, D. X. // Advances in Structural Engineering;Sep2012, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p1487
A test programme was carried out to investigate the performance of 27 axially loaded column specimens, including 18 steel tubes infilled with ultra-high strength concrete (UHSC) of compressive strength close to 200 MPa, 4 steel tubes infilled with normal strength concrete (NSC) and 5 hollow...
- Fresh start. // American School & University;Jan2009, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p13
The article reports on the construction plan for Green Elementary School in Chesterfield, Michigan on property behind the existing elementary school. The 70,000-square-foot facility project began in March 2008 and is designated for completion in August 2009. The structure will have a brick...