The DUROM Cup Humeral Surface Replacement in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rotator Cuff Repair Augmentation in a Canine Model with Use of a Woven Poly-L-Lactide Device. Derwin, Kathleen A.; Codsi, Michael J.; Milks, Ryan A.; Baker, Andrew R.; McCarron, Jesse A.; Iannotti, Joseph P. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;May2009, Vol. 91-A Issue 5, p1159
Background: Despite advances in surgical treatment options, failure rates of rotator cuff repair have continued to range from 20% to 90%. Hence, there is a need for new repair strategies that provide effective mechanical reinforcement of rotator cuff repair as well as stimulate and enhance the...
- Arthroscopic footprint reconstruction of a bone cyst-associated rotator cuff tear. Kim, Kyung; Rhee, Kwang; Shin, Hyun; Kim, Young; Kim, Kyung Cheon; Rhee, Kwang Jin; Shin, Hyun Dae; Kim, Young Mo // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Dec2007, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p1486
Arthroscopic treatment of a symptomatic rotator cuff tear is problematic when the tear is associated with a large bone cyst. We describe procedure of arthroscopic bone grafting in the bone cyst and footprint reconstruction of the rotator cuff tear using a suture-bridge technique.
- What's New in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. Neviaser, Andrew; Braman, Jonathan; Parsons, Bradford // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;10/16/2013, Vol. 95-A Issue 20, p1896
The article discusses the trends in elbow and shoulder surgeries. It cites a randomized controlled trial by K. S. Min and colleagues which shows that ketorolac has equal efficacy with other subacromial pain treatments. It says that an evidence-based study by H. L. Ma and colleagues shows that...
- Outcome of open massive rotator cuff repairs with double-row suture knotless anchors: case series. Connelly, Tara; Shaw, Aileen; O'Grady, Paul // International Orthopaedics;Jun2015, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p1109
Purpose: The aim of the present study was to evaluate functional and quality of life outcomes after transosseous equivalent (TOE) double row suture technique for massive rotator cuff (RTC) tear repair using validated subjective and objective measures. This technique has shown promising...
- ì–‘ì¸¡ì„± íšŒì „ê·¼ ê°œ íŒŒì—´ì— ëŒ€í•œ ìˆ˜ìˆ ì ì¹˜ë£Œ ê²°ì • ë° ê²°ê³¼. 장호진; 최창혁; 엄윤식 // Journal of the Korean Orthopaedic Association;Jun2013, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p213
Purpose: We evaluated the influencing factors in selection of initial operation and outcomes after operative treatment of symptomatic rotator cuff tear including both sides. Materials and Methods: From December 2000 to March 2011, 60 shoulders of 30 patients underwent arthroscopic rotator cuff...
- National trends and perioperative outcomes in primary and revision total shoulder arthroplasty. Schwartz, Brian; Savin, David; Youderian, Ari; Mossad, David; Goldberg, Benjamin // International Orthopaedics;Feb2015, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p271
Introduction: Total shoulder arthroplasty (TSA) is a highly successful procedure for management of glenohumeral arthritis, fractures and rotator cuff tears. The purpose of this study was to evaluate patient demographics, perioperative outcomes and assess recent national trends in both primary...
- PERSPECTIVE. Flatow, Evan L. // Orthopedics Today;Jul2011, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p68
The author presents his views on a study by Pascal Boileau on the role of reverse shoulder fracture prosthesis in the treatment of proximal humeral fractures.
- Does continuous passive motion help? Rubin, Aaron // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Sep96, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p16o
Advises readers on using continuous passive motion (CPM) in patients with rotator cuff repair, as published in `Early results of continuous passive motion after rotator cuff repair: A prospective, randomized, blinded, controlled study,' by M.G. Raab, D. Rzeszutko et al.
- Surgery for the rotator cuff. R.M.D. // Cortlandt Forum;9/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p115
Offers advice on how to determine if surgery is needed in case of a rotator cuff injury. Clinical examinations of the shoulder.