Hip Disease in the Young Adult: Current Concepts of Etiology and Surgical Treatment
- Arthroscopic treatment for acute septic arthritis of the hip joint in adults. Lee, Young-Kyun; Park, Kyung-Sun; Ha, Yong-Chan; Koo, Kyung-Hoi // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Apr2014, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p942
Purpose: The purpose of our study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of the arthroscopic management of septic arthritis of the hip joint. Methods: From October 2009 to October 2010, nine patients with septic arthritis of the hip were treated with arthroscopic debridement and drainage and...
- Development of a Therapeutic Exercise Program for Patients With Osteoarthritis of the Hip. Fernandes, Linda; Storheim, Kjersti; Nordsletten, Lars; Risberg, May Arna // Physical Therapy;Apr2010, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p592
Background and Purpose. No detailed exercise programs specifically for patients with hip osteoarthritis (OA) have been described in the literature. This lack of data creates a gap between the recommendation that people with OA should exercise and the type and dose of exercises that they should...
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan E.; Schein, Jerome D. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Summer91, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p87
Presents an abstract of the article `Exercise and Gait Effects on In Vivo Hip Contact Pressures,' by D.E. Krebs, L. Elbaum et al published in the `Physical Therapy' periodical.
- Septic Arthritis of the Hip in the Setting of Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis. Acker II, William B.; Nixon, Star L.; Lee, John J.; Jacobson, Nathan A.; Haftel, Hilary; Farley, Frances A. // Case Connector;Jul-Sep2015, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p1
Case: A twenty-two-month-old boy with septic hip arthritis had persistent elevated inflammatory markers and daily fevers despite multiple antibiotic regimens and repeated surgical debridements yielding negative cultures. After exhaustive work-up for other infectious, rheumatologic, and...
- PO-SI-048-S. // Physical Therapy;May1997, Vol. 77 Issue 5, pS17
Presents an abstract of a paper entitled `A Functional Outcome Case Study Utilizing Iontophoresis Versus Ultrasound in Piriformis Syndrome,' by B. Coon and A. Hart, presented at the Physical Therapy `97: Scientific Meeting and Exposition of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Periacetabular Osteotomy Through a Modified Ollier Transtrochanteric Approach for Treatment of Painful Dyspl astic Hips. Jih-Yang Ko; Ching-Jen Wang; Chien-Fu Jeff Lin; Chun-Hsiung Shih // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Sep2002, Vol. 84-A Issue 9, p1594
Background: Elimination of abnormally high joint-loading resulting in excessive contact stresses may prevent or reduce the onset of osteoarthrosis in a dysplastic hip. A number of periacetabular osteotomies have been shown to be effective in restoring normal hip-joint mechanics. We treat...
- Management of Gienohumeral Arthritis in the Young Adult. Denard, Patrick J.; Wirth, Michael A.; Orfaly, Robert M. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;5/4/2011, Vol. 93-A Issue 9, p885
The article focuses on the treatment of glenohumeral arthritis in young adults. It states that treatment of young adults with glenohumeral arthritis usually have poorer outcome due to more complex etiology. It mentions that lifestyle modifications and occupational changes should be considered in...
- Glenohumeral Joint Preservation: A Review of Management Options for Young, Active Patients with Osteoarthritis. van der Meijden, Olivier A.; Gaskill, Trevor R.; Millett, Peter J. // Advances in Orthopedics;2012, p1
The management of osteoarthritis of the shoulder in young, active patients is a challenge, and the optimal treatment has yet to be completely established. Many of these patients wish to maintain a high level of activity, and arthroplasty may not be a practical treatment option. It is these...
- Untitled. // Tufts University Diet & Nutrition Letter;Sep93, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p8
Presents an answer to a question concerning exercises for abdomen and hips. Curl-ups for abdominal muscles; Thigh lifts for hip abductors.