Prophylactic Bypass Grafting and Long-Term Bracing in the Management of Anterolateral Bowing of the Tibia and Neurofibromatosis- 1
- Distal Tibiofibular. Bone-Bridging in Transtibial Amputation. Pinzur, Michael S.; Beck, Jennifer; Himes, Ryan; Callaci, John // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Dec2008, Vol. 90-A Issue 12, p2682
Background: The creation of a bone bridge between the residual tibia and fibula is a controversial surgical technique used in the performance of transtibial amputation. Methods: Twenty consecutive patients who underwent a unilateral transtibial amputation, as a consequence of traumatic injury,...
- Posterior Short-Segment Fixation with or without Fusion for Thoracolumbar Burst Fractures. Li-Yang Dai; Lei-Sheng Jiang; Sheng-Dan Jiang // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;May2009, Vol. 91-A Issue 5, p1033
Background: The impact of fusion as a supplement to short-segment instrumentation for the treatment of thoracolumbar burst fractures is unclear. We conducted a controlled clinical trial to define the effect of fusion on lumbar spine and patient-related functional outcomes. Methods: From 2000 to...
- Outcomes of Calvarial Bone Grafting for Alveolar Ridge Reconstruction. Rajesh Gutta; Waite, Peter D. // International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants;2009, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p131
Purpose: This article describes a series of patients who underwent calvarial bone grafting (CBG) for reconstruction of extremely edentulous jaws for the purpose of implant placement. Materials and Methods: A retrospective review was conducted of all patients treated with split CBGs to the...
- Defectos Ã³seos en artroplastia de revisiÃ³n de rodilla tratados con aloinjerto Ã³seo y plasma rico en plaquetas. Macule-Beneyto, Francisco; Segur-Vilalta, Josep; Vilchez-Cavazos, Felix; Esteban-Navarro, Pedro; Vidal-Sicart, Sergi; Acosta-Olivo, Carlos // Cirugia y Cirujanos;jul/ago2014, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p395
Background: One of the most challenging aspects of a revision knee arthroplasty is the management of bone loss. The objective of the study is to show the capability to augment bone mineral density in areas with bone loss with platelet-derived growth factors. Methods: Randomized, prospective,...
- Utilidad del aloinjerto Ã³seo estructurado para defectos acetabulares en prÃ³tesis de revisiÃ³n. García-Anaya, L. E.; Negrete-Corona, J.; Jiménez-Aquino, J. M. // Acta Ortopedica Mexicana;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p212
Introduction: Coxarthrosis is considered as an increasingly frequent condition that will lead to an important demand for primary total hip arthroplasty in the coming decades and this, in turn, will increase the number of revision hip arthroplasties. The most common indications for revision are...
- CriocirugÃa adyuvante en el tratamiento del quiste Ã³seo unicameral. Tena-Sanabria, Mario Edgar; de Jesús Hernández-Hernández, Melissa; Tena-González, Mario Edgar; Mejía-Aranguré, Juan Manuel // Revista Medica del IMSS;2014 Supplement 2, Vol. 52, pS78
Background: Multiple treatments have been used for the unicameral bone cyst lesion, such as steroid application, multiple perforations, bone curettages, partial resection and bone grafting. The purpose of this study was to describe the evolution of children with unicameral bone cyst who were...
- PERSPECTIVE. Barber, F. Alan // Orthopedics Today;Jul2011, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p55
The author presents his views on Daniel Hampton's study which investigated the influence of donor age on clinical outcomes in cases of anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction with patellar tendon allograft.
- Clinical digest. Trial proves apremilast is effective long-term treatment for psoriasis. // Nursing Standard;10/10/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p14
The article discusses research in the article "Efficacy of Apremilast in the Treatment of Moderate to Severe Psoriasis: A Randomised Controlled Trial" by K. Papp et al. which found that the drug apremilast is effective for the long term treatment of psoriasis.
- Clinical digest. Evidence supports wider use of tranexamic acid in traumatic bleeding. // Nursing Standard;10/10/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p15
The article discusses research in the article "Effect of Tranexamic Acid on Mortality in Patients With Traumatic Bleeding: Prespecified Analysis of Data From Randomised Controlled Trial" by I. Roberts et al. which found that tranexamic acid is safe and effective in treating traumatic bleeding.