Higher education a nutshell
- Approaching Admissions Today. Greene, Howard; Greene, Matthew // University Business;Sep2010, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p34
The article focuses on the different methods to increase school enrollment in the colleges and universities in the U.S. The colleges and universities have been recommended to focus holistically on the admission process and to provide a good impression of the university. Moreover, the colleges...
- The West. // Capitol Ideas;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p9
The article presents news briefs related to education in the Midwest of U.S. including the amendment on the policy for state university's scholarship in Arizona, the tuition increase of 32 percent and cutting of 2,300 slots for enrollment at the university of California, and the budget cut of 80...
- It's time to update state's tuition assistance plan. // Crain's Chicago Business;04/07/97, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p10
Editorial. States that students at for-profit technical schools do not qualify for state assistance. Skepticism toward privately-owned institutions; Citing the Illinois General Assembly's decision to extend the state's primary tuition assistance plan, the Monetary Award Program (MAP) to...
- The ailment afflicting pay for school nurses. // Crain's Chicago Business;04/07/97, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p10
Editorial. Comments on the withholding of state tuition assistance for students at for-profit colleges in Illinois. Citing a legislative attack on school nurses led by Palatine School District 15; Information on the bill that is under consideration.
- Students slow to scoop up state training grants. Molinari, Deanne // Grand Rapids Business Journal;07/27/98, Vol. 16 Issue 30, pB-2
Focuses on Grand Rapids, Michigan-based colleges and training facilities' efforts to publicize the availability of tuition grants. Michigan Jobs Commission's approval of scholarships for the Area Community Service Employment and Training Council; Distribution of money to local educational...
- Education funding battle snags budget process. Cross, Cheri // Inside Tucson Business;03/24/97, Vol. 6 Issue 52, p3
Focuses on the demand of lawmakers for an additional educational budget to support colleges and universities in Arizona. Enactment of the plan to build classrooms to benefit low-wealth districts; Proposed educational budgets; Expenditures approved for community colleges.
- Killing the old college try. Marginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);07/10/98, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p17
Comments on the political issues associated with the state funding of higher education in Louisiana. Role of the Board of Regents in determining fund allocations to colleges; Practice of power politics by Mervin Trail, the chancellor of the Louisiana State University Medical Center; Higher...
- Universities protest against Australian spending cuts. Pockley, Peter // Nature;5/23/1996, Vol. 381 Issue 6580, p265
Reports on the conflict between the Australian academic community and the conservative Coalition government over plans to cut operating grants to universities by up to 12 percent. Complaints from universities on the government's breaking of its pre-election promises; Possible number of jobs to...
- Registration Thursday for Hill College Community Stimulus Program. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);3/ 7/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p8
The article reports that the Hill College Board of Regents will have its second round of the Hill College Community Stimulus program which will begin on March 7, 2012 at Cleburne Campus and March 8, 2012 on the Hillsboro Campus.