Prevention of HIV/AIDS in South Africa: a review of behaviour change interventions, evidence and options for the future
- Where does public funding for HIV prevention go to? The case of condoms versus microbicides and vaccines. Peters, Anny J. T. P.; Scharf, Maja Micevska; van Driel, Francien T. M.; Jansen, Willy H. M. // Globalization & Health;2010, Vol. 6, p23
This study analyses the priorities of public donors in funding HIV prevention by either integrated condom programming or HIV preventive microbicides and vaccines in the period between 2000 and 2008. It further compares the public funding investments of the USA government and European...
- Quantitative process evaluation of a community-based HIVIAIDS behavioural intervention in rural Uganda. Kinsman, J.; Kamali, A.; Kanyesigye, E.; Kamulegeya, I.; Basajja, V.; Nakiyingi, J.; Schenk, K.; Whitworth, J. // Health Education Research;Apr2002, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p253
This paper describes the implementation of a large community-based HIV/AIDS behavioural intervention in rural Uganda and presents 4 years' worth of quantitative process data. The intervention involved 560 field-based workers (57% male, 76% subsistence farmers, mean age 35 years), supervised by...
- Condom use seems to be reducing number of new HIV/AIDS cases. Sharma, Rohit // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/25/2001, Vol. 323 Issue 7310, p417
Reports that condom use in Asian countries has significantly reduced cases of HIV/AIDS. Efforts in Thailand and Cambodia to promote condom use; Condom use among commercial sex workers; Questions about how countries, such as China and India, will deal with the spread of the disease.
- C.R.S. Sets Requirements for Partner Agencies. // America;2/25/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on the position paper of the Catholic Relief Services (CRS), with the heading "C.R.S.' Position on the Prevention of Sexual Transmission of AIDS." In the document, CRS, the aid and development agency of U.S. bishops, requires foreign partner organizations to give accurate...
- The Cultural Politics of Condoms in the Time of AIDS in China. Tiantian Zheng // China Perspectives;2009, Vol. 2009 Issue 1, p55
Through an exploration of the lively debates between the state and the alliance of health realists and condom companies, this paper argues that unless the state takes a proactive stance on the marketing of condom use, the empowering and persuading effect that condom marketing should have upon...
- Ban on bareback porn discussed. // BOYZ;1/7/2010, Issue 958, p59
The article offers information on the proposed law by the Aids Healthcare Foundation concerning the use of condom by the porn actors in California. It denotes that the proposed law on the use of condom in films completely bans the production of bareback in the U.S. states. In this connection,...
- Targeted Combination HIV Prevention Packages to Halt the Global HIV Epidemic. Ramjee, Gita; Daniels, Brodie // Journal of AIDS & Clinical Research;Special2012, Vol. 3 Issue S, Special section p1
Thirty years after the discovery of HIV, the epidemic is still a major health concern with no cure in sight. Globally there are regions with concentrated epidemics where high risk groups drive the HIV incidence rates whereas regions with a generalized epidemic have the population at large at...
- Coalition announces program to fight ADS. // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/2/2009, Issue 1123, p22
No abstract available.
- Thinking positively. Williams, B.G.; Makgoba, M.W. // South African Journal of Science;Jun2000, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p262
Deals with how South Africa could stop the spread of the HIV/AIDS epidemic. Means of stopping the epidemic; Efforts of scientists; Main strategy.